Old 04-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, my brother beat me to the car lot and bought the 71 LeMans convertable I posted about earlier in the Lobby.

Seems pretty happy with the car, clean underneath but there is bondo in the quarters.

The car has a 76 400 2bbl in it and he found one problem. The fuel pump vapor return line is plugged. Did the 71s have a vapor return line to the gas tank? He hasn't found it yet.

Dave

Old 04-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, my brother beat me to the car lot and bought the 71 LeMans convertable I posted about earlier in the Lobby.

Seems pretty happy with the car, clean underneath but there is bondo in the quarters.

The car has a 76 400 2bbl in it and he found one problem. The fuel pump vapor return line is plugged. Did the 71s have a vapor return line to the gas tank? He hasn't found it yet.

Dave

Old 04-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

It depends on the engine. But most had one. My 72 does not but it has a vepor return from the tank to a canister and then the carb.