Old 04-17-2002, 06:19 PM

I'm putting #13 heads on my YS block, '75 T/A and I need some help figuring out which brackets I need to make it work. I already have one bracket (the big one that bolts to the head) but just by looking at it, it doesn't look like the pulleys will line up and I can't figure out how the PS pump bolts on to it. If anyone has this setup ('70 GTO, RA3, auto), and has a digital camera, can you please email me some pics or post them here so I can solve this problem before I put the heads on? Thanks.

Old 04-17-2002, 06:19 PM

I'm putting #13 heads on my YS block, '75 T/A and I need some help figuring out which brackets I need to make it work. I already have one bracket (the big one that bolts to the head) but just by looking at it, it doesn't look like the pulleys will line up and I can't figure out how the PS pump bolts on to it. If anyone has this setup ('70 GTO, RA3, auto), and has a digital camera, can you please email me some pics or post them here so I can solve this problem before I put the heads on? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2002, 10:38 AM

I have #13's on my GTO. I am going to install AC (once I locate a compressor and brackets). But right now, the AC compressor and brackets are not there. Everything else is there though (Generator, Power Steering,...).

My 72 GTO was originally an AC car but the compressor did not function. So, as a STUPID 17 year old kid in 1986, I took off all of the AC Componetry and threw it ALL away. Everything. Gone. DUMB!!!! So, now I'm getting out my wallet and buying it all back. Ouch.

I will take some pics tonight and forward tomorrow...

Dan

Old 04-19-2002, 02:11 AM

Thanks, I'm not worried about the AC stuff, mine was broken so I yanked it (keeping all the parts though).

Old 04-19-2002, 12:59 PM

I sent the pics of my engine brackets to your email that you have listed. Let me know if you need additional pics. In hindsight, I think that I should have taken off my alternator for different angles of the brackets....

Good luck!
Dan

Old 04-20-2002, 12:22 AM

I sent you an e-mail 1972_GTO regarding AC parts

Old 04-20-2002, 12:35 AM

Thanks for the pics Dan [img]smile.gif[/img] . It looks like your PS pump is tilted pretty far to the side, mine sticks straight up. Does anyone know if it would be a problem to tilt mine or do I deed to find a GTO pump? Also, my alternator only has ears for the bolts on the front, not on the back and the front like yours (sigh) . . . Maybe I need more parts than I thought .

Old 04-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The brackets are similar from 1968 to 1970. The 1970 used a unique upper alternator bracket that is large and covers most of the alternator. I don't have a picture of this setup but I'm sure somebody on the list can help.

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black