THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher View Post
Note that since you are in the snow belt be aware of one thing. Any epoxy type coating can become extremely slippery in the winter months. Obviously this is only an issue if you have any humidity in the garage but if you plan to open the door for a daily driver it can be a problem. If you have in floor heating, won’t be a concern.
I have epoxy in my shop and it isn’t slippery at all . No sand finish either shiny smooth. But my garage at my house is concrete that has been buffed smooth and you’ll crack your skull if you step on it w any snow on your shoes.
So idk if this holds true at all . Others may have different results but my epoxy foot is smoother and shinier w no slipping at all. Happy to take pics of both surfaces . My concrete floor is deadly slippery w snow .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-19-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
I used Sherwin Willaims 2-part epoxy paint, then cleared it. It's looks outstanding after 10 years od hard use.
That's good to hear. I had concrete poured in my garage this past spring. Used this 2 part paint after concrete cured and before any cars were on it.

Old 12-19-2022, 11:39 AM

I just applied the Rustoleum Rock Solid in my garage in October. The floor had a clear coat on it from the previous owner, but was was very stained and dirty looking. Rustoleum has a primer that works on floors that have been previously painted or have a clear coat. This made things a lot easier for me. I washed the concrete and rolled on the primer. The next day I painted it with the Rock Solid. I like the fact that is has a glossy appearance and it has been easy to clean. If you use the Rock Solid I would suggest not trying to stretch the paint for maximum coverage. Put a nice even coat. A kit for a 2 1/2 car garage will cover 500 sq ft.

Old 12-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just throwing this out there in case it's an option. Most new garages here in NZ are being fitted with carpet;

Definitely not suited for all climates!

1974 Trans Am, 400 4-speed, 3.42 rear.

Old 12-20-2022, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like the carpet. Growing up, dad had his woodworking shop in our 2 car garage. For 30 years there was never a car in the garage. Upon retirement they bought a house in FLA. His garage there had carpet on the floor and his mini van. Thats it, nothing else! I loved it. With his northern home he simply painted the concrete with porch and deck enamel grey. A couple of coats, nothing special with prep no epoxy just a quick down and dirty paint job. He put rubber runners down for the tires. 20+ years later it still looks fine. Could use some touch up but for the cost and effort theres no complaints.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did 1 stall in carpet. The best.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱