Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 PM

What might cause my fuel pressure to slowly drop from 6psi to 3psi as the engine warms up at idle? Could a small leak (not even a drip, but a wet fitting) after the regulator cause this or is it more likely a clogged fuel filter. I have a cannister before the fuel pump and an in-line just before the carb.

Old 09-25-2003, 11:22 PM

What might cause my fuel pressure to slowly drop from 6psi to 3psi as the engine warms up at idle? Could a small leak (not even a drip, but a wet fitting) after the regulator cause this or is it more likely a clogged fuel filter. I have a cannister before the fuel pump and an in-line just before the carb.

Old 09-26-2003, 12:00 AM

the same thing happened to me but my pressure went even lower. Ended up changing my fuel pump. The orig. pump was mechanical. Now electric no problems.... Stu

71 LeMans, 350, Edelbrock RPM, Demon, MSD, Headers

Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the reply Stu but unfortunatley I just put this pump in and it is electric - a Holley Blue. This happened during the first start-up to test.

Old 09-27-2003, 09:57 PM

BTT