Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-09-2001, 12:18 PM

$150 is kind of high for a rusty piece of junk. I wish you had posted sooner because I already bought it after you sent it back Don. By the way since you didn't diassemble it the Idler gear bearing wiped the idler axle (another $56.61). Total so far on parts for junk gear drive: $170.00 for drive and $20 for shipping $ 56.61 Idler axle
$ 42.74 Cam hub(damaged on thrust surface)
$ 24.24 Bolt pack(all bolts stripped or missing
$ 61.24 Idler gear (damage from bearing) Total $354.83
New from JEGS $314 + $7.00 handling
Think I got taken?
Also cam gear was damaged, but repairable, and base plate rusted with no coating left.
The only part with no damage was the crank gear.

Old 11-09-2001, 12:18 PM

$150 is kind of high for a rusty piece of junk. I wish you had posted sooner because I already bought it after you sent it back Don. By the way since you didn't diassemble it the Idler gear bearing wiped the idler axle (another $56.61). Total so far on parts for junk gear drive: $170.00 for drive and $20 for shipping $ 56.61 Idler axle
$ 42.74 Cam hub(damaged on thrust surface)
$ 24.24 Bolt pack(all bolts stripped or missing
$ 61.24 Idler gear (damage from bearing) Total $354.83
New from JEGS $314 + $7.00 handling
Think I got taken?
Also cam gear was damaged, but repairable, and base plate rusted with no coating left.
The only part with no damage was the crank gear.

Old 11-09-2001, 06:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry to hear that. Sounds to me like you got taken also. Heck, I've got a Miloden gear drive that is in great condition except for the broken idler gear that is in several pieces. I should be able to get $300 out of it.(LOL) Any takers? Seriously though, if you need any more parts for it let me know.

Old 11-09-2001, 07:03 PM

Matt,
I gave John"GTOKID"Bailey a chance.Besides I had to wait for the check to clear.I think he sold the gear drive for someone else.When it sold he just told them where to send it(just a guess)with out ever seeing the gear drive. Very risky,Venders selling new parts have gotten bad reputations for doing just that.As for the gear drive I wouldn't use the cam gear.It is a the very least out of balance and could be stress cracked.I work for a diesel engine manufacturer. Ours are balanced and they only turn about 1200 rpm max. cam speed(rarely that high). What to do with it, Well that depends on your since of humor right now.
sorry,don

Old 11-09-2001, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

WTF is up w/ GTOkid?

Sorry to hear about y'alls misfortune.
Good thing to post it, so as to limit his dealings!

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 11-26-2001, 12:25 AM

John did send me the money back. A check for $148, About $25 dollars in change, some expired coupons, a matchbox car, a keychain, and a shotglass(can't figure that one out). All this came in a box UPS that weighed 2.5 lbs. Seems as though he could have just mailed the check, but whatever. Anyway I got my money back. Oh yea, he sent a Christmas card too. He's so funny I just couldn't stop laughing while I was rolling the pennies.