Old 03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
"Teacher

Send a message via MSN to

The Gold "Ram Air V" GTO is back on ebay. This time the ad includes (after stating that it is a Ram Air V) that it is really a Ram Air III with a "monster upgrade". Apparently, by the tone of the ad, the buyer must not have followed through for some reason (Hmmmmm...what reason could that have been?).It is now an "open auction".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Old 03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
"Teacher

The Gold "Ram Air V" GTO is back on ebay. This time the ad includes (after stating that it is a Ram Air V) that it is really a Ram Air III with a "monster upgrade". Apparently, by the tone of the ad, the buyer must not have followed through for some reason (Hmmmmm...what reason could that have been?).It is now an "open auction".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Old 03-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i fell in love with that car, WHY, i have a pontiac addiction, Ive contacted the seller, the highest bid last round was 75K.
I thought was alot & he should have taken the money & ran. NOW if u dont know let me educate you this IF it was a DEALER INSTALLED (which it wasnt) would be a 1 of 1 car meaning name your price, but its NOT, BUT it does have the EXTREMELY rare RAM AIR V engine, NOT available to general public only DEALER INSTALLED or ROYAL BOBCAT upgrades like its CLONED TO BE.
DONT get me wrong its a beautiful car.im interested to see how far it will go this time.
I figure this the body looks flawless thats worth 20K all day, the bobcat paint scheme 15K & the ram air 5 motor another 20K so anything over those #s would be good i would think unless he overpayed for the RAM AIR V motor which is very possible.
AGAIN the major thing here is the EXTREMELY rare RAM AIR 5 engine NOT A 4 A 5 its a completely different animal

AC Cobra Kit Car 521 670 HP/715 Trq
LOOKING FOR V PARTS !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Senior Chief

How do you figure that a Royal Bobcat paint scheme will add $15K?

Old 03-27-2005, 08:43 PM
"Teacher

I have seen pics of a few Royal Bobcats, and this GTO seems to be missing some side stripes and the lower rocker panel stripe. The Royal Bobcat decal is on the window. The ones I have seen in pics and die cast have it at the end of the side stripe on, or just behind the door. Perhaps cloning a Royal Bobcat would be better than cloning a Judge.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have to agree with snakepod on this one. I don't think the bobcat paint scheme adds $1 much less 15k to the price. JMHO

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 03-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny how private auctions always get posted again. I don't think you will see it hit $75K this time.

Maybe I could buy it for $75K and sell the RAV heads for $100K, then I would still have a nice car left over, and gas money too.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:32 AM

So Basically when you read the ad. It is a Nice Car. It is a RA3 Car missing the original engine- with a 428 Block and RA5 Heads. A royal Bobcat Paintjob.

Maybe would have been worth more to restore the car with an original coded engine- and sell the raV pieces seperate ? What do RA5 heads alone bring if you ever see them.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was only trying to warrant the costs due to the value hes trying to get. I figured on a steep side & 15K is high i'll admit but taping off & masking & painting takes time (if he didnt do it himself)it would be costly as to just a regular paint job.
To me the car is WORTH what someone will pay for it. you either LOVE it or hate it.
I love the ram air 5 but hard to put a value to it.(other than extremely rare & im sure he payed through the nose for it, dont even know where you can get a cam for that aswell)
just trying to figure why he didnt take 75K to the bank.
i offered him my 100K prostreet car in trade & he didnt want it so its a money thing i think

Old 03-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ive seen ram air 4s going from 2500 - 3500 so in perspective they could go 4-5000.Now find the intake, get a cam custom made, custome pistons, special distributor.(all extremely hard to find)
AGAIN its the extreme rarity of these.
I KICK MYSELF IN THE ASS, in the early 80s as i was just getting into this my friend had a set brand new in the box still had the GM wrapping on them & i didnt buy them not knowing what they truely were.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 03-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a nice car, like others have said, but this car was built for re-sale only. Why else would someone go the bother for a rare and high hp motor and then have "zero miles since restoration". It seems this guy is trying to manufacture a museum peice at a museum price. My advice to the guy to get the kind of jack he wants is to go to BJ and find some schmuck to pay an inflated price for a invented car.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not quite a museum piece either...check the interior shots. From the few there are I see missing mouldings, incorrect light switch, very old/faded dash bezel, cracked kick panel, only to name a few...For the kind of money/time he invested on engine ext detail, he should have also done the same to the interior...

Old 03-28-2005, 02:55 PM

wheres the freakin jack!

Old 03-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The RA V wasn't a 428 anyways - the crate motors sold over the counter were all 400's. The 301's which were given to some of the Trans-Am teams could never produce the horsepower needed to be competative.

Does anybody know what happened to the RA V Judge that Purely PMD built back in the 80's? I saw it pop up in Hemmings back in the mid 90's but haven't heard of it since.

PS: did anybody notice the hood tach?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-30-2005, 05:18 AM
"Teacher

yes, did anybody notice the 120 MPH speedo? Were I to build the non-existent Ram Air V, it would have to have a 140.
Boss, this auction makes a good case for your point about clone cars. The first auction strongly implied, and to my knowledge gave no reason to believe this was anything but a rare, factory 1 of 1 car. Unless I am mistaken, this is the first tome the seller has fessed up that this is actually a RA III, with a bobcat paint job and RA V heads and manifold. I think that is why the bidding is much lower this time. Perhaps he was hoping to fake someone out the first time, but the winner backed out when all the facts came to the table.

Honesty is still the best policy.Full disclosure will cost him a few dollars, but he'll sleep better....I hope.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the reason for the 428 block is i think it would have same code for block

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 03-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

it is a 20K car with a 15K engine.Just a well built 428 short block with a set of V heads which are worth 4K and a custom intake that is worth 5K tops.NOTHING else is REAL RA V.It is a after market cam which is $600.Tom

Old 03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a fine looking car - I like the color combination. It's good that the truth came out on it - some of these cars have just become so hard to prove. Just goes to show you - the three most important things in buying an old car are Documentation, Documentation, Documentation!

You got me on the speedo - hadn't noticed that one.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

To be fair, the seller did list it as RAIII car with a 1965 421 the first time he listed it. He never tried to fool anyone into thinking it was original.

Old 03-31-2005, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlowGTO:
To be fair, the seller did list it as RAIII car with a 1965 421 the first time he listed it. He never tried to fool anyone into thinking it was original. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I don't think he was trying to hide anything. But at the price he was asking for the first time, he was fishing big time, but it certainly cost a few nickels to put that car together. I would think that he would broaden his market base quite a bit if it wasn't a high CP race gas only car in street car tires and trim. He claims 700-800 hp, if it were pump gas friendly he would probably take 100 hp hit or so but would still trash anything else on the street. It'll be interesting to watch and see what this one finally goes for.