Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 PM

I have a 1971 Lemans Sport Conv, I would like to put a GTO hood on it. Will it fit? ditchsurfer@msn.com

Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 PM

I have a 1971 Lemans Sport Conv, I would like to put a GTO hood on it. Will it fit? ditchsurfer@msn.com

Old 08-16-2002, 09:00 PM

Does your LeMans have the Endura front end? If it does, then yes, a GTO has the same hood. If it has a chrome bumper, a GTO hood won't fit.

If you want the GTO shape/scoops, unfortunately you can't just replace the hood. You would also have to replace the bumper, grilles, the valance panel under the bumper, front marker lenses, headlight trim, hood latch... somebody help me out here... radiator support, fenders, umm... What am I forgetting?

If you really want to do it, it's probably a lot cheaper to find a junk GTO or LeMans that came with the Endura bumper to use as a parts car than to try to find all those parts seperately. Of course, if you already have the urethane Endura bumper, all that other stuff is already there and you can ignore everything I just said.

Old 08-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You will need to replace the whole front clip in order to have the GTO Hood . My opinion is it is not worth it. The chrome bumper front end looks good also, just not as sporty looking. I have a 72 Lemans and it doesn't attract attention like the GTO type frontend . I can ease around and pounce on unsuspecting victims. It has a 455 under the flat hood.
Save your money and enjoy your car the way it is. Otherwise contact me if you decide to buy the front clip parts. I have bumper,headlight buckets, grilles, 72 fenders, and may be able to get other parts.
Good Luck with your Pontiac! thepontiacman@yahoo.com

[ August 17, 2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: thepontiacman ]

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Do you have a drivers side fender in good shape? Mine is a little rough. Needs a patch panel.

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"