Old 03-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sometimes I really hate putting together basket cases! Most of the time it is like putting together a big puzzle, just takes a bit of paitence, but every now and then someone decides to put the wrong pieces in the box, lol.

Today I was getting ready to put on my front fenders when I found that the pristine radiator support in my car is for any '67 B-body except the Grand Prix, arghhhh. Anyone have a nice clean '67 GP radiator support, number 9788261, they want to part with. Also I discovered I need a pair of the side convertible trim panel covers. Part looks like the one in the picture. Anyone have a pair of these, they fit all '67-'70 Pontiac convertibles.

Oh, one other little thing, anyone have the tacking strip that the rear quarter interior panels snap into. This goes right behind the doors. I found the windlace, but so far no luck with the tacking strip.

Thanks,
-harry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	23033  

Old 03-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sometimes I really hate putting together basket cases! Most of the time it is like putting together a big puzzle, just takes a bit of paitence, but every now and then someone decides to put the wrong pieces in the box, lol.

Today I was getting ready to put on my front fenders when I found that the pristine radiator support in my car is for any '67 B-body except the Grand Prix, arghhhh. Anyone have a nice clean '67 GP radiator support, number 9788261, they want to part with. Also I discovered I need a pair of the side convertible trim panel covers. Part looks like the one in the picture. Anyone have a pair of these, they fit all '67-'70 Pontiac convertibles.

Oh, one other little thing, anyone have the tacking strip that the rear quarter interior panels snap into. This goes right behind the doors. I found the windlace, but so far no luck with the tacking strip.

Thanks,
-harry

Old 03-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Senior Chief

Harry,

Sorry to hear about the setbacks, but if it is any consolation, at least you are putting yours BACK TOGETHER! Mine is still a long way from that stage.

What is the difference in the radiator supports? I know the GP has the cutouts in the upper flange for access to the parking lights, but other than that they should be just about identical, no?

Sorry, I have a pair of those panels for my convert, but no extras. I had to hunt down the ones I have now, because my originals were long gone. I think Phil Fern up in NY has a '67 Bonnie convert he is parting out. I think his email is toyswedo@aol.com He has posts in the classifieds here and on CP.

The tack strip should be available from Ames, no? If not, check SMS or Hary Samuels to see if the '65/'66 cars used the same type of strip. I bet they do.

1957 Chieftain 4D HT
Old 03-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jim,

Thanks for the leads, I'll try Phil for the covers and SMS for the tacking strips. I was suprised that neither Ames or PY carried either piece. I was able to get the windlace, but not the strip ! ? !

I am not 100% sure what the differences are for the radiator supports. The access panels for sure and in the parts book it shows some kind of stop for the hideaway headlights. I am sure I could cut the one I have for the access panels, but I would rather get the right piece for my car and sell the one I have to someone restoring one of the other '67 big cars.

It's funny I did two different Corvettes before this car and between the factory assembly manuals and the aftermarket suppliers it was almost too easy, just takes money. A part of the fun building this car is figuring it all out and tracking down the parts. However I could do without the added "fun" of putting the wrong pieces in, lol.

Thanks again,
-harry

Old 03-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Hello Harry. I think I have what you need. Do you want just the small sheet metal plate that sits flat, or the whole upholstered panel with the snaps? Let me know. We spoke on the phone on New Year's eve (I think), and I seem to remember something about the top boot. Do you need the strip that goes along the seat back that the boot slides into?

Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 26667:
Do you want just the small sheet metal plate that sits flat, or the whole upholstered panel with the snaps? Let me know. Do you need the strip that goes along the seat back that the boot slides into? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just need the piece that sits flat. I have the strip for the seat back so this would be a big help. Drop me an email at hspluta@comcast.net or give me a call at (312) 560-0721 and we can talk again.

Many Thanks,
-harry

Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Suspended

have a pair of 68 full size conv. panels used if you still need them.