67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 07-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My TA doesn't have that killer raked look that I'm looking for. You know the one with the outter diameter of the tire even with the fender well lip. I've replaced all springs and bushings with the best PST pieces and the nose is sitting pretty high. I did torque the arm bolts with the full weight of the car and then some on the suspension.

I know I can cut a couple coils off the springs and get a 2" reduction in height but I don't know what the impact on the suspension geomerty would be.

Has anyone installed 2" drop spindles? Where'd you get them?? With 2" drop spindles, your suspension still has full travel. Do the tires hit the fender wells before your a-arms hit the bump stops?? Most of the drop spindle kits I've checked out have a one piece casting that replaces the spindle, brake caplier mounting, and steering arm. Are there any out there that just replace the spindle? I want everything to look as stock as possible.

[ July 20, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: RAJ7395 ]

Old 07-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My TA doesn't have that killer raked look that I'm looking for. You know the one with the outter diameter of the tire even with the fender well lip. I've replaced all springs and bushings with the best PST pieces and the nose is sitting pretty high. I did torque the arm bolts with the full weight of the car and then some on the suspension.

I know I can cut a couple coils off the springs and get a 2" reduction in height but I don't know what the impact on the suspension geomerty would be.

Has anyone installed 2" drop spindles? Where'd you get them?? With 2" drop spindles, your suspension still has full travel. Do the tires hit the fender wells before your a-arms hit the bump stops?? Most of the drop spindle kits I've checked out have a one piece casting that replaces the spindle, brake caplier mounting, and steering arm. Are there any out there that just replace the spindle? I want everything to look as stock as possible.

[ July 20, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: RAJ7395 ]

Old 07-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Senior Chief

I've heard a lot of negative reports on drop spindals, and the Camaro guys who have gotten the Pro TOuring F-body look down to an exact science...they mostly cut the springs or go with a Hotckis 2 inch front/back drop kit.
Supposedly, F-bodies from the factory have too much Camber(?), so cutting or instlling 2 inch drop springs actually improves the steering/ride geometry! Thats what I'm doing with my 67 F-body also!

Old 07-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I use the Carrera Coil Overs on the front of my 76 TA. They are adjustable so i can put the front end where i want it. $414.00 a pair. http://www.carrerashocks.com/gm%20coilovers.htm