Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wow nothing like Pontiac torque!!!

Man oh man, its nice to feel HP again. Its been about 10 months since driving my 1968 Firebird I race but is mostly stock. I just installed a dual stage nitrous big shot to it but cant use it yet but. This 400 for what it is just flys!!! At 20 miles an hour it will fry the tires( 275 50 15s BFG DRadials) when I hit 2nd it frys till I hit drive. This is about 60!!! Talk about fun!!!! Cool temps outside are making it real fun!!! At the track, the best I got out of it was 12.60 with a 0-60 ft in 1.67 seconds in 90 deg heat. In this cool temp it feels way better!! Next Saturday is the BOP drags so I hope to best that by at least a couple tenths without any mods, just cooler temps. I am actually really nervous to hit the 150 single stage shot as this is a stock 400 with 37 year old non ported heads and stock bottom end with TRW forged pistons as the only mod. I took it to the cruise in and gave it a quick jab of the throttle and the way the cars response is with the fast revs, they all thought I was running a small block!!!! Anyway, what a blast!!!!!! I even stopped and gave my neighbor a quick bonzi run and it freaked the crap out of him. He just sat inside the car when we got back to his house and asked a ton of questions and was smiling ear to ear. I thought I was use to it but as I am typing this I am grinning big time. And this is with no nitrous!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<sigh> I noticed my Toyota is a little peppier too in this nice cool air... <sigh>

I'm so jealous. Loan me your car for a week?

Old 09-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
<sigh> I noticed my Toyota is a little peppier too in this nice cool air... <sigh>

I'm so jealous. Loan me your car for a week?
LOL!!!!!!!! Don't feel bad! For the last 10yrs my '93 Toyota pickup has been my only "sports car". BUT I HAVE MY TA NOW!!!!

OH, sorry! I wasn't trying to GLOAT! After 10yrs of scrimping and saving I feel the need to toot my horn now and then.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato