Old 03-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Chief

Default which jb weld?

i want to plug my water nipple on my timing cover,which weld to use? the regular jb weld or the waterweld? i've ready in other post where the nipple was cut down then jb weld applied, is this for appearance only or is best to cut it down?

Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it's the heater hose fitting, there are rubber caps that you can put on with a hose clamp.

George

Old 03-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had an issue with plugging the hole in the back of the timing cover with and allen plug that kept leaking. I used teflon tape, teflon thread sealer, silicone. No Luck.

Then I got the regular 12 hour JB Weld. I put some on the plug and in the hole, let it set up overnight and no more leaks.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Suspended

pull something solid into the nipple to reduce the opening, then JB weld that plug in place. it helps hold better if there is solid metal for the epoxy to hold to.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Redline, The hole in the water outlet is sized just right for tapping for a 3/8 npt pipe plug without any drilling. Just run a tap in deep enough to install the plug flush with the outlet. I use a brass plug and teflon pipe dope never any problems. Just dont try and run the plug in with a lot of torque or youll split the outlet.