Old 10-27-2006, 08:15 PM

Default 66 goat axles

hi guys. just got registered and thought I`d try posting a thread. I`m planning on replacing the rear axles on my 66goat, stock 8.2 w/posi 3.55.
I`m looking at toms differentials, k-a axles.anyone have any experience with these or perhaps recommendations of other axle suppliers?

Old 10-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Moser for Axles. I used the Custom Alloy axles in my 10 bolt posi and beat the daylights out of it. I selected the Aurburn Pro series posi with 3.55 Richmond gears....

From their website:

MOSER CUSTOM ALLOY AXLES
Moser Custom Alloy Axles are the best in the business. We begin with premium quality alloy steel that is forged in Moser designed tooling, induction heat-treated to optimize torsional strength, and then 100% magnafluxed. This process not only gives the axle the strength of a “race only” axle, but makes it ideal for street use as well. The axles are specifically designed and engineered to take the stress and strain of both racing and high performance street uses. Our axles are available in any spline count and can be made to fit virtually any rear end setup. All popular bearing sizes and bolt pattern combinations are available. If your future plans call for a narrower rear, Moser Custom Alloy Axles can be shortened and resplined to fit your needs and bolt pattern changes can also be made.

As I remember it was around $250 for the axles

The website:

http://www.moserengineering.com/index.html

Brad