Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default front end rebuild/disk brake conversion

I have a '68 Lemans with power drums up front. I have purchased a complete PST kit with tie rods/ball joints/all bushings, etc. I bought a set of the JC Whitney "high lift" springs. My friend has them and I like the way his car sits. I want the car to sit about 1.5 - 2" higher than it does. I also want a stiff ride. The front end has been so soft for so long...

I'm a very seasoned mechanic, but I've never done any front suspension work. I've done alot of research on this. For some reason, I've been worried about getting the steering dialed in enough to get to the alignment shop and getting the car to sit at the right height. Is this job THAT big of a deal? How come I'm so scared to do it...

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude