Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Original Ram Air IV choke value ?

Guys, Can someone give me an idea of the value of an original Ram Air IV choke, this unit mounts on the heat cross over of the Ram Air IV intake manifold. The part number is 6606 or 9099 (depending on which way you look at the numbers) and the second number is 8097. Thank You.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

About a $1.00

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i need 1

Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john
Guys, Can someone give me an idea of the value of an original Ram Air IV choke, this unit mounts on the heat cross over of the Ram Air IV intake manifold. The part number is 6606 or 9099 (depending on which way you look at the numbers) and the second number is 8097. Thank You.

The correct number is a 9099 and it is a 69 and 70 RAIV application only. You may have better luck finding a used one and restoring it but you will still need GOOD LUCK! I have bought entire intake and crossover setups for this piece alone! I still need to come up with a couple more myself. I recently heard of an NOS one that brought HUGE money. These are the kind of detail pieces that make a restoration!
P.S. I will buy as many of these as I can find for $1.00 if anyone has any!

Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A couple more...Good Grief ! are you saying that you have more than one Ram Air IV car ? Didn't your mother ever tell you about sharing. You obvsiously have done something very right in life to procure these beasts. Congradulations are certainly in order. Just out of curosity what was "HUGE" money for that part ? Thank You for the feedback.

Tim john---

Old 02-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As all of us Pontiac addicts know, one is never enough. It is an addiction. Fortunately or unfortunately, I have been an addict for close to 25 years so this has afforded me to own more than one. I will always have more cars than cash so if you would like to share some of your cash, I would happily share some of my cars! lol Not positive but I believe the NOS 9099 sold for $400-$500.00. That is an item that could pull crazy coin on ebay right now.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen two of them go up on eBay over the years and in both cases someone struck a deal before the auction ended. I could use two myself, but at $400-$500 each, I can do without them. Sooner or later we'll see repro's of these.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john
A couple more...Good Grief Didn't your mother ever tell you about sharing.
Tim john---
I don't believe his Mother taught him to share his toys when he was little.

Sorry UJ, couldn't resist.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking sharing..

I think the board, Uncle wants you to adopt some "nephews".........
To share all those RAIVs....... that us other "poor" pontiac folks dream about......
He has very nice cars, so I agree... hard to stop collecting... As for me, my collecting days are done....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge
As all of us Pontiac addicts know, one is never enough. It is an addiction. Fortunately or unfortunately, I have been an addict for close to 25 years so this has afforded me to own more than one. I will always have more cars than cash so if you would like to share some of your cash, I would happily share some of my cars! lol Not positive but I believe the NOS 9099 sold for $400-$500.00. That is an item that could pull crazy coin on ebay right now.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundportponchos
He has very nice cars, so I agree... hard to stop collecting... As for me, my collecting days are done....
I have trouble keeping up with 2 old Pontiacs. I don't know how UJ does it. When the kids are a little older, maybe I'll have more car time, but 2 old cars and a sportbike is the limit for me.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.

Last edited by Bet Winner; 02-10-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundportponchos
I think the board, Uncle wants you to adopt some "nephews".........
To share all those RAIVs....... that us other "poor" pontiac folks dream about......

Thanks RPP, But poor folk? I hope you are not including yourself in that group. Why don't you expose your list of "beaters". Done collecting? Send them my way pal!

Old 02-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bet Winner
I have trouble keeping up with 2 old Pontiacs. I don't know how UJ does it. When the kids are a little older, maybe I'll have more car time, but 2 old cars and a sportbike is the limit for me.

I have lots of unfinished projects Bet Winner. I have very little time for them either. I keep thinking that I will have time when the kids are grown and I am retired but I will be the 70 year old greeter at Wal-Mart still paying for my Pontiacs!

Old 02-11-2007, 11:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mike Lannom

Does anyone have a picture of what a Ram Air IV choke looks like?

Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 9099 choke stove pics

Here you go Mike,
Of course with Pontiac, nothing is simple or etched in stone. I have seen two versions. And I might add that I have seen more than one sample of each version. I am probably opening a can of worms here.
One is a 8097 crossed out with a 9099 stamped on the end. (I suspect this is for the 1969 application.)
The other is a straight forward 9099 stamp.(I believe this to be the one used in 1970.) Not positive on the applications but that is my theory. Check them out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-306X.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	82391   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-308X.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	82392  

Old 02-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The one that I have is just like the second example. The main body, coil spring inside and overall finish is very nice, no rust, damage or wear, the original tin plating which shows various shades of light and dark spots but no rust or pitting. Mine has not seen the light of day in well over twenty five years. I do not nor have I ever sold anything on the e-bay but I am going to part with this and have a family member list it for me. I'll let you all know when it goes up, perhaps this week.

Tim john---

Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If there is someone within this forum and needs this part for their car I would certainly like to see it end up on your car and if no one chimes in with a reasonable off I will drop it off to a friend to have it listed it on the e-bay. Just thought I would put the offer out here first.

Tim john---

Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim, I sent you a PM on the part, and also do you know what the stamped on top with an underlined "8097" choke application is for?

Also, does anyone know what an "0097" stamped choke application is for?

Last edited by Judge273; 02-12-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike, The 0097 is most commonly seen on 1970 standard 400's and RAIII cars.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike Lannom

Thanks Uncle Judge for the picture.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are welcome Mike!