Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

Default 2 month saga P 400 motor still wont fit

Ive been working on this 77 t/a trying to put the motor in but i cant get it to fit into the mounts.The block is from a 76 catalina.I purchased a pair of block bracketts 496892 & 496893, purchased mounts from o'riellys look identical to all the other firebird mounts also compared them to napa and autozone mounts identical.Took pics of the position of mounts in two other firebirds which were the same so i placed mine in those locations still couldnt get both sides to mount. I could only get 1 side motor mount to bolt in. I put the 2 bolts on top and the 1 on the bottom but i went to the dealer to get part #'s and they gave me a blow up of the mounts and the pic has 1 hole on the top and 2 on the bottom? which is wright? im starting to get very frustrated with this damn thing i even turned the pass side mount around and it did bolt up but then the headers (dynomax) were resting on the frame rails and the passenger side was higher than the driver side. please help