Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Good ignition points?

Anyone still make decent ignition points? What's a good source if any?

I checked my last Summit catalog and didn't see any listed---possibly overlooked them if there.

Thx for any info / feedback!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Put down the summit catalog and back away slowly. You need a real parts store. Not a purveyor of chome trinkets and 20" tires.
NAPA will have good ignition products. I have always liked Blue Streak products. Get the separated points/condenser. DONT use point sets that are unitized. with the condenser attached to the point set. they are easier to install but crappy quality,
Accell also makes good points, just dont get the ones with the superstrong spring they wear out the rubbing block to quickly for a street car

Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thx for the info--I'll check those sources out!

Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Senior Chief

I will look, but I think I have several sets of the old GM high performance sets still in the packages.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVR421
Put down the summit catalog and back away slowly. You need a real parts store. Not a purveyor of chome trinkets and 20" tires.
NAPA will have good ignition products. I have always liked Blue Streak products. Get the separated points/condenser. DONT use point sets that are unitized. with the condenser attached to the point set. they are easier to install but crappy quality,
Accell also makes good points, just dont get the ones with the superstrong spring they wear out the rubbing block to quickly for a street car
Last time I checked, Advance Auto Parts stores stock Blue streak ignition products. If you have them in your area.....check 'em out....