Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Default wiring questions

[IMG]wiring[/IMG]
i have some wiring questions i need help with befor i set my dash in place

1st- thers is a brown wire on the dash harness about 6 inches after fuse box, i think its for rear defoger or convertable switch

2nd- theres an orange/black stripe with a hook at the end, this wire is near the heater controls

3rd- there is a 3 wire connection that looks like it should plug into sterring column?

4th- dash lites, where do the white bulbs go and where does the wire thta comes out the back go to?

i hope the pictures i posted will help, if thet dont show up on here ill post them with my profile pictures

thanks alot guys, so far this tech forumn has helped so much, i appreciate all advice
thanks b
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 001.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	183241   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 002.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	183242   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 003.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	183243   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 004.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	183244   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 005.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	183245  

Last edited by btheburke; 10-04-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: no pics
Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

1st is ACC or key hot, various accesories pluged in to it, but NOT the convertible top switch.

2nd Cornering lamps, many looms have the wiring even though they don't have the lamps

3rd Glove box lamp, you need the little black socket that the wire and bulb snap into

4th they all use white (clear) bulbs, only 3 of the sockets are dash lighting, 2 for turn signals, one for brake light, one for the GEN light. The long 'wire' is fiber optics for the ash tray light. It goes (in your pic) in the upper LH socket right above the RH turn signal socket. Where you have it now, you would have a flashing ash tray light on LH turns!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM

thanks, that makes alot of sence
another question if you dont mind-
i have the glove box lite harness and the wire is really long so i plugged it into the orange wire that is behind the gauges and not the one it the pic i posted.
is that right to do ?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You might have the 4-speed console glove box wiring loom it is real long. The orange wire that you plugged into is the HOT for the clock most likely. It is hot all the time and should work but not the 'correct' connection. Scott