Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM

Default HPP Jan. Issue!

I'm sure most of us here get HPP. I was in the shootout in the Jan. issue. Mine is the primer "68. Thanks to Christopher Phillip for a great day!

I'd like a couple copies of that issue and can't find any locally. The "back issues" are $10 each! Nuts! It's my 10 min. of fame!

So, I'm asking my Pontiac brothers....can you send me your copy before it lines the bird cage?

My address is: William Black POB 146 Scotrun, Pa. 18355 If you pm me I'll be happy to cover the shipping & handling costs.

Thank You....Bill

Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 PM

I have an extra for you! I'll be home from college in 1 1/2 weeks though.

If no luck by then, PM me and I'll send it out for ya!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 PM

Yeah Nick, Thank you. I appreciate it. My friends and family are asking for copies. Thank you, Bill PS: Anyone who would like an autographed issue, just send me your copy and I'll get it back to you. Gotta take care of the groupies. Thanks all...Bill

Old 11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was waiting for this, nice job dude, it was cool to see a car that recognized in hpp. I'll give you mine when I'm done, if you don't know who I am I'm the guy who was behind you at hpp day 07 waiting to get in. They were doing searches of our coolers and they took your two guiness'. While security was searching another trailer you came back and told me, to put my cooler on your trailer because yours had already been searched. So my buddy snuck around and we got away with it. Good for you dude!!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Remember that like it was yesterday. I got back warm Guiness at the end of the day....which is way better than cold Bud! Thank You....Bill

Old 11-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

I read the article and can relate to the 428, primer gray, and Cragar SS! If there is a store in your area that sells HPP, maybe they would sell a few copies at discount especially if they've been on the shelf for awhile.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, congrats on the coverage! Looks like a fresh coat of primer since I last saw it.
You've got to redo the "Here Hemi, Hemi" on the back.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 11-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Sending my copy..........

Hi Bill,

Congrats on your magazine coverage, and my copy of HPP is in the mail .

Les

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM

agto8u...I've tried all the ussual stores...Borders..etc. Called all over! dammit, it should be on every shelf....in 58 countries!!! Bill

Thanks goatless, I was under pressure to get it to look decent. Not an easy job. (60grit and a DA) I've recently put on the rocker mouldings and the GTO stickers on the rear quarters. And redid the "here hemi.. hemi..." on the decklid. Thanks...Bill

Les...Thank you for sending me your copy

In conclusion, i'd like to add, you guys are awesome. I've been racing maybe 9 yrs. and I know the faces of most of ya'all that show up at the Pontiac events. Looking forward to next year...Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VMP 09.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	187744