Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Complete Interior Kits

I would like some opinions from experience on the best quality Seat Upholstery, Door Panels & Interior Kits available for my 69' Judge. I have heard that Legendary has been producing some of the best Seat Kits & Door Panels but PUI is quickly stepping up and improving their quality and customer service.

I am doing a frame off resto on my car and the interior must be as perfect as the exterior.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have legendary stuff, it is awesome.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM

Have used both. Legendary is a little better quality. Was happy with both brands.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 PM

Thumbs up

I used PUI (front & rear seats & unassembled door panels - front & rear for a convertible car). Had the seats done by an upholsterer and did the door panels myself - came out nice, no complaints. They are the only ones I've used.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Senior Chief

I got the PUI kit every thing fit very nice with the exception of the left rear side panel. The upper portion that fits around the window needed massaged with a heat gun to get into position. The rear panels use fiberglass on the upper part of the panel compared to steel from the factory. That is my only complaint otherwise everything fit and looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	038.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	216393  

06 GTO M6 18's red/red - 1 OF 188.
09.5 G8 GT Stryker blue met. premium with sport pkg.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have PUI "gold edition". If I recall correctly, it was a little more expensive than their standard interior but is supposed to have more padding in the panels.

'69 GTO Ragtop, 455, RA, KRE SD Perf ported heads and "old Faithful" cam, Sean Murphy Q-Jet, Tremec 5spd, Moser Trutrac 3:73, Hotchkiss, Speedtech, Wilwood
'64 Lemans Convertible, Tremec TKO600
Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Senior Chief

I just put a PUI kit in my '70, and I wasn't that impressed with it. I had the buckets professionally done and some of the welting and seams on the covers weren't really sewn straight. Also, one of the rear 1/4 panels likes to pop off the lip that it's supposed to set down on when the 1/4 window goes up. I'll have to mod it to make it work. Also, the "Comfortweave" impression that they emboss the vinyl with is a very far cry from what the original Comfortweave looks and feels like. It looks like the same from 10 ft away, but up close there's no comparison.

When I bought the kit a few years back, Legendary wasn't available for the '70. I wish now I'd waited on the purchase