THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 PM

Talking Picked up a couple new Polaris RZR's

My brother and I went out and bought a couple new Razors the other day. My younger brother Chris (you might remember me talking about him on here a few years ago from a bad Tractor Trailer accident he was in)

Anyway, this is me and my four girls in his 2010 RZR LE with Electric Pwr Steering. We upgraded for the 14 inch wheels rear quick connect roll bar, spare tire/wheel and front/rear Aluminum bumpers and Nerf bars.

The girls wanted to ride and it was colder than crap that day, so we bundled up and rode around the yard a bit.

I got a new 2011 Orange/Black LE RZR S which is essentially the same thing but with a little more ground clearance and extended A-Arms.
Upgraded to 14 inch wheels on it as well and blacked out front/rear bumpers and nerf bars. I haven't got pics of it yet. I'll try and get some tomorrow.

Needless to say, the girls were having a blast. I let my 4 year old drive with her on my lap of course.

Never liked Polaris, since I hate an automatic ATV, but after my brother bought this one, I had to have one. It's technically a OTV (Offroad Terrain Vehicle) I have to say Polaris has come along way since the early days.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I dig the custom paint (800.00) option. jeez!
I love the Elec. Pwr Steering, wish mine had it. It's 800 bucks extra as well.

Might save up and get it later.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How many people can you get into one of those???? Holy crap!

Rob and I went four wheeling with a couple of RZRs a few months ago and we were pretty impressed with where all they could go! Never once had them hold us up which usually those UTVs will hold you up as there are hills they can't climb as to steep or they get hung up on the bottom because of the small clearance.

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER
Old 11-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope you didnt have ANY of those children onboard while jumping hills.

Overloaded and no helments......????????????

I can tell you something that happened to a friends child with a Jeep rollbar, but you probably get the picture.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a similar story. My Brother-in-law is a detective in a small town outside Buffalo, NY. He was surfing a local website and seen a guy who he is familiar with who had his 2 little boys and one little girl in the identical vehicle.

No helmets no safety belts etc. Just based on the pics this guy posted on a public website my Brother-in-law went and arrested the guy and he was charged and found guilty on 3 counts of child endangerment. I don't know what your local laws are but you might want to be careful. Just a heads up that's all.

I'm not judging you, just letting you know. I couldn't help but think of that the instant I saw the pics. Now it didn't help that this dude was dealing drugs and in a custody battle with his g/f etc. Cops couldn't ever bust him dealing so the pics he posted worked out nicely for everyone, especially the g/f as she now has sole custody. LOL

Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
I hope you didnt have ANY of those children onboard while jumping hills.

Overloaded and no helments......????????????

I can tell you something that happened to a friends child with a Jeep rollbar, but you probably get the picture.

Everyone of them. We barely popped a wheelie over a bump in the back yard.
That's the most I did. And we had seatbelts.

The kids loved it. I'm alway's safe with them. I have helmets. We were just playing around the yard that day. We just got the RZR's that day and only played for about 5-10 minutes.

Jeez, I post on here to show off my kids and the new toy and I get tore apart for child endangerment?

Now I know why I quit posting over here and very rarely visit.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVGTO View Post
Everyone of them. We barely popped a wheelie over a bump in the back yard.
That's the most I did. And we had seatbelts.

The kids loved it. I'm alway's safe with them. I have helmets. We were just playing around the yard that day. We just got the RZR's that day and only played for about 5-10 minutes.

Jeez, I post on here to show off my kids and the new toy and I get tore apart for child endangerment?

Now I know why I quit posting over here and very rarely visit.
Didnt you sign the POLARIS safety paperwork?

What you did is very dangerous.

I assume its your first OTV so your experience level is not quite there yet.

Accidents can happen so fast.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's perception I suppose. But, just think, if folks on here are thinking it, there is a chance you may have a neghbor that is/was thinking the same thing. All it would take is phone call from a neighbor that you don't get along with etc.

Sounds crazy, but it happens in this day and age. Kinda like when I was a kid, we used to run around the entire neighborhood with toy guns day in and day out. Now, when you see a kid with a gun of any kind people instantly think your kid is whacked and going to turn out to be a Tim McViegh or something.

I think the folks here are just trying to help out, not convict you etc...

Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gotta love the off road stuff. I was looking at the RZRs as well as I have always owned either Polaris ATVs or Polaris Snowmobiles . The dealer made me a killer offer on some CAN-AM Renegades about 2 months ago which were cheaper than the Sportsman 500's so I had to jump on them for my wife and I. So far, they are a Blast!

Anyways, gotta keep those kids safe even in the backyard...

Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM

I just gotta say what do those things cost? Can't be cheap.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Have fun with your girls, I would do the same thing, Man gets a new toy and is haveing fun with HIS kids, And some Ao wonts to make him have a bad day, SAD. Dont let that stop you from posting on here Kev you are my friend, I may be wrong but the USA is a free country, There is no one going to tell me what i can do, Have fun my friend. The way that this thread ended I think that they are unhappy that they dont own one. MY 2pennys call.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I actually do own one, a UTV Ranger Browning Edition by POLARIS so I know what papers he had to sign to walk out the door with the RAZOR. BUT.....Its not about who own what, but KEEPING YOUR KIDS SAFE!

A close friend owns a large dealership and I know the sad fact of how many people DO get killed and hurt on these off road vehicles each year.

A parent/adult should NEVER put their kids at risk of being hurt NEVER EVER!

Most sensible adults can see the concern over this foolish and stupid act.

Last edited by JLHarper; 11-11-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
I actually do own one, a UTV Ranger Browning Edition by POLARIS so I know what papers he had to sign to walk out the door with the RAZOR. BUT.....Its not about who own what, but KEEPING YOUR KIDS SAFE!

A close friend owns a large dealership and I know the sad fact of how many people DO get killed and hurt on these off road vehicles each year.

I am with you on that, JL but i think he knows how to watch his kids.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:16 AM

KEV that's sweet!! I miss our 4 wheeler we used to put a nut on the throttle lever so the kids could only go so fast. looks like a lot of fun! You know I work with Kids, it's so nice to actually see a Dad doing things with his kiddos This is exactly how Kids learn to respect a toy like that. Kudos to you KEV enjoy! FYI don't let a few... turn you away from hanging out here. I remember a certain someone on this board making a comment that I would never last here and be gone as fast as I came. Guess what?? Who's laughing now? You have to let those negative comments roll off. It's just a message board. Have fun with that toy I know I would! BTW nice looking family you got there!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 PM

Some of you would cringe at some of the things that go on in my yard.

2008 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 TRD (5.7 381 hp)
1978 Trans Am w/69 428 (343hp/452 FPT)
1999 Black T/A, M6 (allegedly stock 325hp)
Old 11-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And people would definitely cringe at the things that went on in my Dads yard. (Those are probably my best memories!) I remember driving out in the hills and finding an old VW hood. So we tied it to the bumper of our 4x4 and he pulled me and my brothers up and down an old sand riverbed. Did we ever get hurt, sure, but those were also our best bonding times. I love my Dad for that.

I'm not against some common sense, but I doubt he was doing anything crazy in his front yard. Kuddos to you.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Senior Chief

Nice Machine! Your lawn will never look the same ;-)

370 Posts and holding...
Old 11-14-2010, 03:20 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:

Apparently you don't know too much. Cause I didn't sign anything. Paid cash for it.

I doubt I was went over 5 mph or so for a total of 5-10 minutes. If you notice in the pic the the shocks were adjusted down and I was bottomed out on the hill. The one tire was in the air and we were creeping over it.

Thanks cuz for having my back. Some people just rush to judgement. Jealousy I guess.

As for price the 2010 Razor LE pictured was 10999 base price but after all the goodies added on it ended up being around 14,500. The 2011 Razor S was 11999 and we ended up with 16,500 in it. So didn't sign anything on either of them.

Things must be a bit different down here in Eastern, KY. Neighbors aren't in everyone's business and when they have came over it was just to make conversation about them. I didn't get a safety video with it. Never watched it though.

I've had ATV's and such since I was a kid. I can handle one, plus when we do any serious riding we always wear our helmets, gloves and goggles and fasten our seatbelts.

So long, I won't be back for awhile. To many crybabies over here.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:16 PM

I meant I did get a safety video with it.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
How are the olds doing, Have you been doing any work on them?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Your going to hell hahahahhahaaaaaaaa.............

2008 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 TRD (5.7 381 hp)
1978 Trans Am w/69 428 (343hp/452 FPT)
1999 Black T/A, M6 (allegedly stock 325hp)