Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Question New Replacement Carb. For Quadrajet.

What carburetor (new) would be a good replacement for the factory Quadrajet. My 67' GTO is a factory 400, 360 hp, automatic. The carb. on the motor is a new replacement Quadajet from GM that I installed about 25 yrs. ago. My car sits a lot and it's gotten to the point that I have to "pump" the accelerator 100 times or so (sometimes have to prime with a shot of gas) after it sits for a couple wks. to get fuel to the motor. Put on a new Holley mechanical fuel pump but that didn't solve my problem. I think the carb. is "leaking down" causing my problem. No one in my rural of W. Tn. seems to know how/want to rebuild a Quadrajet. My car is a cruiser/driver that I want to start, run, without a lot of dramatics. I tried a new Edelbrock on another 400' Pontiac GTO I had & was never very happy with it. Is there a good carb. available from Summit, Jegs, etc. that would be an easy, simple swap onto my motor that would be compatible to the original Quadrajet? Any info., or advice will be appreciated. Thanx.