THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Where did the gun go?

While out getting parts at the hardware store I saw something that has me wondering. While stopped at a traffic light there was a guy on a motorcycle in the lane beside me. I noticed him checking his belt just below his jacket. There was a holster there, but it was empty. I am pretty sure that he only brushed the bottom of the holster; I think he was checking for the gun. I could not get his attention; he had some type of ear phones on. And he was bouncing to the beat of some music. It made me wonder, where did the gun go?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 PM

Hopefully it was what he uses to carry his mp3 player

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I doubt that it was for the MP3 player. It was a poly molded holster. No strap that I could see on it. Perhaps a quick draw artist that did not want a silly strap slowing him down. Yes I have a carry, and use the in my pants style. Concealed means just that.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Picked up shortly after it fell I'm sure!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 AM

Damm, that's an "Oh ****" moment.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Best thing for him to do is to call the law and report it missing. I carry daily as well and have a very robust holster for this purpose (losing my sidearm). That is a sickining feeling just thinking about losing a firearm, hope he did not lose it and if so that it gets returned to him.

Tim john---

Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 AM

It's possible he had it secured elsewhere while riding?

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

one time I was going to the grocery store, but I hit the head before I left.

well I am in walmart walking around, and I feel "lighter" and i put my elbow where my grip would normally be and there was nothing.

I freaked out and retraced my steps and nothing on the floor, i went into a panic and started imagining my weapon being the cause of some crime or worse.

so i went straight home and there she was, sitting on the top of the toilet tank
facepalm

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 05-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
so i went straight home and there she was, sitting on the top of the toilet tank
facepalm
Damn dude, bet no one bangs on the door or walks in while your in there.
Ok, ok... I'll hold it.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Damn dude, bet no one bangs on the door or walks in while your in there.
Ok, ok... I'll hold it.

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Suspended

I had an M1 Carbine I was doing some hand guard sanding/refinishing on. I took the rifle in the stock outside to see if and when the boiled lindseed oil applications were about a match to the stock. I set the rifle on the back of my truck in the driveway and went about my work. Two days later I walked out the door and spotted the rifle sitting in my driveway on the truck where I left it--dripping from the fog/dew. Heck, that's probably the 100th time that little rifle was been wet since 1943 and 2-3 wars. It was also reparked when it was imported too. No damage.