Default 26 GTO's 4sale thread closed.

Something must be up....

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was it a hoax?

Old 10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Once a few of us pressed for close up pictures of individual cars, we never heard anything more about it. I was serious as a Judge (robed kind, not GTO kind) about buying a '66 GTO convertible. I'm talking cash in hand, ready to buy serious.
Quite a pity....

Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool

was ready also......maybe someone took the whole lot.........I have a guy around me that has a 66 htp sitting for over 10 years in the garage. I think I'm going for it instead. I offered him an engine a few years back the only time we spoke but he didn't take me up on it and now the house is for sale. Goin over there this W/E......still open to one of the 26 thou.........Dave K.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did the guy ever post prices? I know he said he received 26 PHS papers, and, it takes time to go through and price them accordingly. The rule here says the poster must have prices, correct? Maybe that is why? Larry B.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So where were these 26 GTOs supposed to have been? Now that it's 'supposedly' a hoax, can we now know the location?

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My question was " Was this a hoax?" I was just questioning it because it sounded suspicious. After checking some of the poster's previous posts it looked to me like it was New York state.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The moderators must have had a reason to close it...

Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds like something out of a movie to me. 26 gtos in a dry tomb, whereabouts Unknown and worth a Sh**load of money!!!

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird

Last edited by 68lemansman; 10-20-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I was confused lol
Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Chief

Could someone just call PHS to see if there really was an order for 26 cars done from one person...

Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression he wanted some time to sort things out. He could have simply asked a moderator to close the thread for him?

I must say that I'm kind of curious if the cars will clean up nice though...

Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Did find it funny the owner would not talk to me unless had PHS He!! I didnt care about PHS for 66 or 67, I could see that for 64-65.....
PHS is icing but unnecessary for them imo
So who knows someone does

Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's real....the owner was overwhelmed by all of the PM's etc. I think he jumped the gun posting about the cars and really wasn't ready to pull the trigger. I think he was also concerned about theft.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it's kind of funny/strange how he dangled the carrot in front of so many PYers and then pulled the carrot.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't need any PHS either for a '66 conv. I don't want to sound like a a_s monkey, but I could have sold 5-8 of the lesser desired cars in the period of time that has gone by, and financed one of the keeprs to be ready by Spring. Now its winter time up there, maybe in 6 months this will come back to life.
you know what they say... the longer it takes to seal the deal, the more likely it wont happen.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lemansman View Post
Sounds like something out of a movie to me. 26 gtos in a dry tomb, whereabouts Unknown and worth a Sh**load of money!!!
Ben Gates and his associates steal a stack of PHS reports and decrypt them in their quest to find the truth behind a mysterious trove of GTOs in, "National Treasure: Barn of Secrets" Starring Nicolas Cage.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe I'm gullible...but I'll bet it was real. I'll also bet it's true that he was totally overwhelmed by guys wanting to see, talk about, buy etc. those cars....There are a LOT of folks connected to this site that saw those postings!

Old 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm with the others about the overwhelming task at hand. Besides, did he ever really say he was ready to sell? He was looking for input on how to sell them, if I recall.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It is disturbing to me that all I was looking for was advice on how to sell a bunch of GTOs and this is how it ends up. I now no not continuing the thread until I was ready to sell the cars was the right idea and maybe not even looking for advice at all might have been a better idea. As I stated more than once, I am trying to sell the lot of cars together. Posting prices, discussing the PHSs and adding to the thread would be what some of you call "THE HOAX" because my intentions are not to sell one at a time. There are a few of you who have sent me a pm supporting me and some have even continued the support on this new thread. I would like to thank you guys for that and appreciate that you understand selling 26 GTOs and all that goes with it is a massive task. Goatmanmitch said it best," Besides, did he ever really say he was ready to sell? He was looking for input on how to sell them, if I recall. " As to why the original thread was closed I have no idea. I did not ask for it to be closed. The picture shows the truth. If you still do not believe, so be it.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:48 AM

6t5, if you are healthy, and don't need to unload these cars quickly, I think I would sell one at a time, your least favorite one's first. Much less overwhelming, plus you will probably make more money. Take the car someplace away from the others if you are worried about theft.
If you want to sell at once, negotiate a commissioned rate, no reserve, with a local auctioneer.