Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 PM

Default nitrous & efi system with maf sensor

Looking into some nitrous kits and would really like some input from what you guys think of spraying nitrous thru a 4" maf sensor with a dry kit or is a wet plate system the best choice.I can control the fuel delivery thru the box to compensate for a rich fuel mixture and I have a spare throttle body with (4) 120lbs injectors installed vs the current (4) 110lbs injectors.Is it a good idea to run a seprate fuel pump and small tank for the fuel delivery,current pump is a aeromotive 1000 and regulator psi set @ 60 psi.Looking into spraying no more than a 150 shot.Currently building a forged 400 and switching blower over to a 10 rib pulley set-up.

SEVEN UPS 2.0 TAKING THE THIRD DEGREE ONE STEP FURTHER

2016 1/8 MILE 7.0 @ 100 MPH 406 B&M MINI BLOWER

Last edited by HO 67 BIRD; 12-15-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you've got your work cut out for you. I wouldn't spray through the blower, rather see you put nozzles into the ports under the blower. the 1000 pump should support your needs, branch off a dead head regulator to supply your fuel solenoid. I would avoid trying to fuel it with 4 120lb injectors and a dry kit. I'd be nervous about it adapting quick enough, you going lean, backfiring through the intake, and banging the blower. you do have aluminum studs holding the blower down, right? if not, this would be a good time to change. the yellow bullet is a wealth of info for nos tuning.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default N20

would be leary of having it go thru you MAF. Depending on what type you have I think if its the Hot wire type you could damage it. I have seen some guys with a plate style under the carb with a blower.
Dont think a dry system will go up to 150 hp. thought they were smaller, but its been awhile since i have ran N20 maybe some of the newer kits might? I used to run a second dedicated fuel system for my car but I was running larger hit. With your set up you may be able to do the dry and use your extra injectors like you say. Only prob I see is making sure your MAF works with the N20.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Every thing I've heard about MAF's and Nitrous was no to inject it before hand.

The Silver Buick- '77 Skylark coupe w/455, SPX, MegaSquirt 3 & TKO-600 (Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015!)

1969 Firebird with a turbo'd Pontiac L6 controlled by a MegaSquirt 3 and backed with a microsquirt controlled 4L60e and 4.56 gears! (Drag Week 2018!)