THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM

Default Golden classics reviews

Looking at a 69 GTO (Royal Bobcat clone) at royal classics in clearwater, Florida.
Anyone do any business with them?
Anyone in the area that I could pay to go look it over in person?

Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got family over in Clearwater and we end up there pretty frequently. Bad news is that I just got back so it would probably be a couple weeks at least till we are heading over. Unfortunately the rest of the family (in-laws) are not car-folks at all so I can't even ask them. But if I head back over there, I'll check in and see if you are still wanting a look at it.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 PM

Im probably gonna miss out on it. I was the first to contact them, but the salesman says they have two other guys on it and feels they will be a contract drew up on it by morning.
I need to give them a yay or nay and i cant pull the trigger without someone seeing it in person. I cant get there from KY in short notice.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVGTO View Post
Im probably gonna miss out on it. I was the first to contact them, but the salesman says they have two other guys on it and feels they will be a contract drew up on it by morning.
I need to give them a yay or nay and i cant pull the trigger without someone seeing it in person. I cant get there from KY in short notice.
Why not bid on it off ebay?

If its that blue one, its been on and off there for a long time, iirc.

You might want to do some homework (google) first.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Looking at a 69 GTO (Royal Bobcat clone) at royal classics in clearwater, Florida.
Didn't you mean to say Golden Classics?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM

Yes, I said it right in the subject but then got off a bit while I was typing.. Lol
I've done my homework, (well what I can from home) the car sold at Mecum last Sept. In IL. for 21k plus fees.
I've been bidding as well, but then called them and asked what kind of price they were looking to get for it. We negotiated and came up with a number. Then while im looking over the photos and negating what condition he told me the car was in, im thinking all car dealers are crooks and how Ive never bought a car sight unseen.

So, here I am...LOL!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes, I said it right in the subject but then got off a bit while I was typing.. Lol
I've done my homework, (well what I can from home) the car sold at Mecum last Sept. In IL. for 21k plus fees.
I've been bidding as well, but then called them and asked what kind of price they were looking to get for it. We negotiated and came up with a number. Then while im looking over the photos and negating what condition he told me the car was in, im thinking all car dealers are crooks and how Ive never bought a car sight unseen.

So, here I am...LOL!
The car has been in thier posession since last fall and all of the sudden they have three people on it at once?? Sounds a little too good to be true (for them). This is one of those, "If it was meant to be" scanarios'

Old 03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It does sound fishy.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Salesmen most always have "a guy with the cash so you better buy it now". Just part of the business, not saying it's bad.

http://www.byjanmarie.com/firebird/69.html
69 Camaro 327 4sp. 4.10
http://www.byjanmarie.com/camaro/69camaro.html ( SOLD)
2002 Camaro LE/SLP-(sold)
1967 Nova SS-- 327, M20, 3.73, FRT Disc
Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashcar View Post
Salesmen most always have "a guy with the cash so you better buy it now". Just part of the business, not saying it's bad.

I know the routine, I've been in the car business all of my life. I know first hand how shady dealers can be, my father owns a small used dealership here in town.

Didnt know the car was owned by them sice the fall. I knew it sold in Sept. But didnt know it was them that bought it.

They are pushing me to make the purchase b4 the auction ends and im not comfortable with that. I need to see the car in person or have someone i trust take a look at it.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is how I search anything on the internet: put in the name or whatever your looking for, location and then the word BBB, then seperate search: name location Reviews and/or: name, locatrion Complaints, and see what comes up.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
This is how I search anything on the internet: put in the name or whatever your looking for, location and then the word BBB, then seperate search: name location Reviews and/or: name, locatrion Complaints, and see what comes up.
Done did that, some negative, some positive. With 40 years under there belt I expected some negagive comments. I was wondering if anyone on here "PY" had any feedback personally or heard anything bad, good?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are 10 miles north of me.....every car I have seen there is overpriced and incorrect......so don't expect the pics to show everything.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM

Without first hand experience, I would just say to proceed with caution. FWIW, I've lived in the area for many years and have heard quite a few stories.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Done did that, some negative, some positive. With 40 years under there belt I expected some negagive comments. I was wondering if anyone on here "PY" had any feedback personally or heard anything bad, good?
Do more research......its there, all the info you seek. Newspaper articles and more.

Have you seen TOM S 69 For sale? THATS a nice car, and you know what hes done! Easy Bob Cat clone cosmetically.

Last edited by JLHarper; 03-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Seems to me I read something about that dealer selling hot cars a while back? I'd have a cop run the VIN before I even thought about it.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm a dealer and won't buy a classic car from another dealer......

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Seems to me I read something about that dealer selling hot cars a while back? I'd have a cop run the VIN before I even thought about it.

Mike
Bingo.

What was the company name before 2006?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

they want you to buy it before the auction ends because they dont want to pay the fees...

If it where me, i buy it thru ebay...theres protection there...if it isnt up to suff..leave it sit and leave them a negative...

OR....flip it around...figure out what the fees are, go there with cash deduct the fees from the asking price..try to beat them down..

theres always someone trying to buy it..its part of the pressure tactic...right there...high pressure tactics..would kill it for me..you dont have to do business that way and not all dealers are shady...doc fees are stupid too..id never pay a doc fee...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 PM

I thought that dealer name sounded familiar.
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/13/No..._t_want_.shtml
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...icle525378.ece
I'm not inferring anything, but you never know.