Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default A.P.D. does a Kauffman High Port !!

... hey guys, i've been tinkerin' with a customers HighPort project we have in the shop, and this head is the Standard pushrod location High Port and it has a "2.19/1.725" exhaust valve package, so far this is where i'm at with it, i know there is more in it, but for this port i am not allowed to add any material to the floor, so i'll have so save that for later ......

... the head was flow tested on a 4.310 bore, and the stock "Kauffman CNC chamber" has not been touched yet ... once we get back from Christmas vacation, i'll start on the exhaust port, but the baseline test of the "cast" exh.port with my valve job was very nice, so the exhaust wont need much work ... knock on wood, lol ...

(A.P.D.'s Kauffman HP)

.100 - 85.1
.200 - 154.7
.300 - 222.1
.400 - 282.7
.500 - 334.5
.600 - 367.4
.700 - 374.6
.800 - 379.4
.900 - 382.7
1.00 - 383.1

Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Boost Engineer

I always liked the respectable flow numbers on the High Port Heads even at lower lifts like .500, .600, .700 lift that the average guy might run.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The .400-.500 jump must be where the valve starts clearing the chamber? A little massage and numbers below .500 pick up would be my guess. Or is that made better with material added to short turn? Both?

Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

must be a misprint, you said "vacation" LOL

nice numbers btw

Old 12-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Nice numbers Bill !! That port job should make for a nice stump pulling street/strip motor.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill great work as always, really impressive numbers for a standard pushrod location smaller valve highport, should be even better with a raised floor once youre done with it. You always seem to do more with less, too bad everyone will say it wont make power because your flow numbers are too good! LMAO

Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
Bill great work as always, really impressive numbers for a standard pushrod location smaller valve highport, should be even better with a raised floor once youre done with it. You always seem to do more with less, too bad everyone will say it wont make power because your flow numbers are too good! LMAO
What is impressive about those numbers and how is Bill doing more with less? Also why would someone spend the money to raise the floor for just a street/strip port? Show us a time slip.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
What is impressive about those numbers and how is Bill doing more with less? Also why would someone spend the money to raise the floor for just a street/strip port? Show us a time slip.
Waaa Waaaa Waaa

Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seriously, why would someone spend the money on epoxying up the floor and raise the runner for a street/strip port? A lot of work for not much return, in my opinion.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He hasnt raised the floor yet DS

Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
He hasnt raised the floor yet DS
Im fully aware of that, but he wants to, it seems like a waste of time.
What makes this port any different from SD Performance CNC port or KRE CNC port?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Im fully aware of that, but he wants to, it seems like a waste of time.
What makes this port any different from SD Performance CNC port or KRE CNC port?
How do you know its a waste of time? Why dont you post those versions of the hp and lets see where Bills ends up when he is done, knowing him he probably did this port in a few hours.Probably his first time ever touching one too.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How do you know its a waste of time? Why dont you post those versions of the hp and lets see where Bills ends up when he is done, knowing him he probably did this port in a few hours.Probably his first time ever touching one too.
What much time does adding epoxy to the floor and then raising the rest of the port up take? How does does Bill charge per hr? The gains aren't worth it for a street/strip port, again that is my opinion.
SD Performance standard pushrod location HP head flows 393cfm on a 4.185 bore.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What much time does adding epoxy to the floor and then raising the rest of the port up take? How does does Bill charge per hr? The gains aren't worth it for a street/strip port, again that is my opinion.
SD Performance standard pushrod location HP head flows 393cfm on a 4.185 bore.
post the flow chart

Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Call SD Performance

Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was pretty much a valve job no??? Isnt this just his baseline???

BTW Slowbird your port wasnt proven, yet you still bought from Dan. Why is it anything Bill puts up isnt worth finding out more about??? I dont get where you think you are coming from. Can only your personally approved sources offer up info????

But thats ok its a customers head and it will do what the customer wants and run the way he has it built...whatever that may be. I dont know the combo yet do you?

I can assure you whatever Bill does, the port shape will be state of the art and be the best it can be, working within the parameters of what his customer will allow.
If customer allows he very well might weld up the port floor if clay or epoxy testing indicates a need to do so.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Call SD Performance
No thanks, I already know a guy! So no flow chart huh?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

BTW Slowbird your port wasnt proven, yet you still bought from Dan. Why is it anything Bill puts up isnt worth finding out more about??? I dont get where you think you are coming from. Can only your personally approved sources offer up info????

But thats ok its a customers head and it will do what the customer wants and run the way he has it built...whatever that may be. I dont know the combo yet do you?

I can assure you whatever Bill does, the port shape will be state of the art and be the best it can be, working within the parameters of what his customer will allow.
If customer allows he very well might weld up the port floor if clay or epoxy testing indicates a need to do so.

I'm sure Bill will post more information as he goes, dont mind slowbird, he always gets his panties in a wad over Bills work. If you notice he always seems to show up in posts where his opinion means squat.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

If Bill got 380cfm with just a valve job on the heads, then my hats off to him. That is impressive. But I don't think that is what he did.
Nothing was said until GreatGTO made is usual BS comments so I asked what makes Bill's port different from the others already offered. I think that is a reasonable question isn't? And I gave my opinion about raising the runner, a lot of cost for not much return.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm sure Bill will post more information as he goes, dont mind slowbird, he always gets his panties in a wad over Bills work. If you notice he always seems to show up in posts where his opinion means squat.
You know what they say about opinions, lol
I am sure that Bill's port will be nice.