Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Problems with Edelbrock ISA Support

I bought two sets of these shocks for both my 66 and 67 GTOs. The rears fit and work fine. However, no matter what I've tried, the fronts wont fit on either my 66 or 67. Double checked parts numbers, called E support and was told they are a tight fit. Tight is not the problem, they simply are two short by a long ways on both cars with stock front suspensions. So, I used others on fronts of both cars. I paid like 85.00 for each shock, so I have over $300.00 in parts that wont fit. I even had a decent suspension shop try installing them. The shop didn't charge me but said the company is wrong about them being correct for the car/s. Mike

Old 08-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe you could share the part numbers so others here won't order the same ones.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well,Edelbrock does'nt even have listings for these shocks anymore,so I dunno what to say for sure.

But FYI,lots of shock vendors list the front shocks of the '68-up A bodies as being the same as the '64-'67 A bodies,but those listings are wrong,the '68-up A body shock is a little over an inch longer,and if the shock they sell is made to the '68-up specs,it'll be too short for the '64-'67 A body.

CE for one has this deal wrong in their pontiac shock listings,and we had a marathon thread not long ago about that deal,the OP of that thread even called CE and they just regurgitated the wrong pontiac application info verbatim from their catalog,that despite the fact that the shocks are listed correctly in the Chevrolet A body shock application chart.

So,ask me,odds are those shocks are for a '68-up A body.

You can tell which is which by the extended lengths.

In closing:
'64-'67 shock = 15.34" extended
'68-up shock = 14.10" extended

HTH

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior Chief

are they the same part number for a chevelle too by their numbers ?