Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1/2 inch fuel line

I need a 1/2 fuel line, non Stainless steel, Prebent?
Anyone know who makes one?
Inline has them in stainless only in that big size. The stock sizes they have them in both.

If need be, I will order the Stainless.

1967 GTO HT

Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Inline tube

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 12-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

try Classic Tube and Fine Lines Inc too.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbMc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

right stuff detailing. great products & customer service & was cheaper than inline for a 72 firebird 1/2 line. pretty sure the 1/2 pre bent is only available in stainless.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just went through the misery of installing a pre-bent mild steel 3/8" fuel line on a '66 GTO. It would have been simple had the install been on a frame off restoration. As it was, we had to cut the line to get it in place. Basically the bends in the tubing at the front of the car do not get along with the bends at the rear of the car. It would have been much more economical and a lot less painful to have went with a coil of tubing.

Aluminum tubing is so nice to work with, and the 1/2" tubing I installed on my '67 GTO in 1985 is still in perfect shape.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Just went through the misery of installing a pre-bent mild steel 3/8" fuel line on a '66 GTO. It would have been simple had the install been on a frame off restoration. As it was, we had to cut the line to get it in place. Basically the bends in the tubing at the front of the car do not get along with the bends at the rear of the car. It would have been much more economical and a lot less painful to have went with a coil of tubing.

Aluminum tubing is so nice to work with, and the 1/2" tubing I installed on my '67 GTO in 1985 is still in perfect shape.
I'm going to hijack the thread and maybe someone else can use the info I get from you and others on this.
I will be needing more fuel delivery in the future (I think I will anyway). I was thinking about a RobbMC pickup in the tank and running this stuff to the fuel pump. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fcu0820/overview/
Do you have any experience with this type of line? I was figuring that I would just run it along the same path as the stock fuel line. It seems like this would be the easiest install option when the car is not off the frame and stock looks aren't important.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went with the inline tube SS 1/2 line and the RobbMc pickup in my bird. I still use a small canister stock fuel pump so I had to reduce in size at the Fuel pump.

I was having fuel starvation with my 3/8 line. I wanted a regular mild steel line but couldn't fine one. Didn't look that hard that I recall. Baffles me why Inline tube can't make one. Anyway it was a huge pain putting it in but it went well. I put the back in first. The fit wasn't excellent but workable.

I'm still able to keep my mostly stock look so I'm happy with how it works and turned out.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am actually wanting to do the same thing with the RobbMc 1/2 pick up.

Currently I am running a metal braided up to my RobbMc fuel pump. As of now I have 8 AN line up the frame to the pump and 6 AN to the carbs. But...I am still using that stock nipple off the tank.

One of the reasons I wanted to avoid the stainless was its very hard and not easy to deal with, Like the SS brake line was. The car is parked in a climate controlled garage. The regular steel will be fine.
I am also wondering about the return line as well.
This is one of those projects I keep putting off, as running the lines are a pain.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

72, I run that black braided up from my pump to the carb. I like it allot. However, you should use metal coming up for safety. Whether it is a hard line or braided.

What you want to do is fine. But use a good metal braided hose. I have run a braided steel line as you are describing for 10 years. I should have replaced it years ago, as the braided lines have a shelf life, or so I have been told.