THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:44 AM

Default Packer win

Anybody just see that packer win? WOW

Old 12-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Suspended

Yea

Old 12-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sadly i did as well...I kinda knew it would come down to a Det penalty

Old 12-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It ain't over, til it's over!
The face mask call was a little iffy, but that last play was pretty incredible!

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 12-04-2015, 01:04 AM

The face mask penalty was a load of dodo. He was no longer a quarter back, he was a runner and the guy never grabbed the face mask. The ref's were using QB rules on a runner.

WWNFL

Old 12-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am a happy man tonight, GB-27- Detroit -23. Rogers 61 yrds hail marry.

What A Pass ( I am shaking what a game.)

Go Pack.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by py71lemans View Post
The face mask penalty was a load of dodo. He was no longer a quarter back, he was a runner and the guy never grabbed the face mask. The ref's were using QB rules on a runner.

WWNFL
So true.

The rule as written:

Quote:
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states:

“No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,”
Devin Taylor's thumb brushed the facemask of Aaron Rodgers. At no time did he "grasp and control, twist, turn, push or pull the facemask".

Now had Rodgers been acting as a QB at the time attempting to throw a pass, it would have been "hands to the face" and a valid penalty.

This is the second time the Lions have been screwed by the refs at the end of the game that they should have won.

Earlier this season, a KJ Wright of the Seahawks illegally batted the ball out of bounds on what turned out to be the last play of the game. By rule, the Lions should have had an untimed play from the 1 yard line.

The NFL needs to clean up their officiating. The number of critical, obvious, blown calls at the end of games has been horrendous this season.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Has the appeal been taken away from the coaches? Why have these calls not been challenged.

Officiating is worse this year than any local HS game as far as I'm concerned.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Waaa waaaaa waaaaa..... He also got kicked in the stomach earlier and it wasn't called. Packers have had plenty of ****ty non-calls the last several games, it's about time one went their way. Agree officiating has been God-awful, like the sure touchdown against Chicago that would have won the game except hochuli blew the play dead and admitted he screwed up....

Pack wins. I'll take it....

1970 GTO Judge
RA-III, 4-SPD & A/C. Power Windows, Power Seat, Power Brakes, Steering, AM/FM, 8-Track, Formula Wheel, Rallye Gauges, Remote Mirror, Numbers Matching. Assembled at Pontiac, MI Plant 5/26/1970.

1968 GTO
461 CI, RA-III heads, Hotchkis springs, UMI suspension, Bilstein shocks, 12-bolt 3.73's.

1966 GTO Ragtop
4-Speed, AM/FM, Original driveline.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Has the appeal been taken away from the coaches? Why have these calls not been challenged.
You can't appeal a penalty. No matter how wrong it is, the ref's call will stand.

At best, you get an admission from the NFL that the ref's blew the call (again and again and again...). Most times you don't even get that.

It makes no sense - you can appeal where the ref spots the ball - you can appeal whether it was or was not a catch (and just what is a "catch" nowadays) - but you can't change a totally wrong call on what should have been the last play of the game.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TEE8GTO View Post
Agree officiating has been God-awful, like the sure touchdown against Chicago that would have won the game except hochuli blew the play dead and admitted he screwed up....
Stopping the play was the correct call. If all that had happened was the Bear player was offside, you would be correct.

But when the Bear player jumped, the offensive lineman flinched which is a false start which necessitates a whistle.

The fact that the Bear player caused the lineman to flinch negates the false start penalty, but the whistle was 100% correct.

That's why the rules are in writing - so theoretically the refs will read and comprehend them.

In this case, they did get it right.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post

Officiating is worse this year than any local HS game as far as I'm concerned.
If your referring to throwing the red flag (coach's challenge), I don't think calls like that are reviewable plus after the 2 minute warning, all replays and reviews are controlled by the officiating team and the NFL. No challenges can be thrown by either teams after the 2 minute warning.

That was one crazyass finish off of an "iffy" call but Detroit seems to be like Cleveland anymore, they both feed off each other for the stupidest ways to lose a game.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It renewed my faith in the Lions, after the Packers refused to win the Game in GB, even after the Lions made every attempt to give the game away, my faith was shaken. This outcome was more what I expect from my home team. That face mask call would have been call 10 out of 10 times in my opinion. It wasn't intentional or flagerant but it was at least a hands to the face Penalty and I think the results would have been the same with that call.

Still awaiting a 2nd playoff win for the lions in my lifetime, I was born in 1959. I really don't watch them often but I did last night.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Defense blew that last play let'n all the receivers get in front of them.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 12-04-2015, 01:09 PM

Detroit's coach said they were not ready for a hail mary and thought it would be another lateral play.

They sure know how to lose games.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Debatable whether it was a good call or not on the facemask using the above rule. The 'twist, turn, push' portion is certainly applicable and there is no way you can say that the thumb didn't push the facemask, albeit just momentarily.
In addition to that, the call didn't win the game. The pass and reception won it. The Lions had their opportunities up 17-0 and failed to close the game out. They had guys in the end zone on the hail mary...Didn't block it or intercept it. They lost...period.
BTW, I'm an Atlanta fan. I know all about pulling for a team that loses.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aaron Rodgers threw it from his own 36-yard line, and it landed 2 yards in the end zone. That's a 66-yard pass in the air. Not only is that an amazingly long throw, but he also gave it plenty of air. One of the longest throws I can recall. The guy has a gun. He's gonna be good someday.

Bad call by the refs on the face mask penalty, but credit the Packers, they hung in there, came back, and won the game.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Aaron Rodgers threw it from his own 36-yard line, and it landed 2 yards in the end zone. That's a 66-yard pass in the air. Not only is that an amazingly long throw, but he also gave it plenty of air. One of the longest throws I can recall. The guy has a gun. He's gonna be good someday.

Bad call by the refs on the face mask penalty, but credit the Packers, they hung in there, came back, and won the game.
Was a GREAT last 7 minutes ,lol.. That was a legit call, I watched in slo mo, he caught his fingers in his face mask turning his head some, doesnt really show it in reg speed, but u watch in slo mo, its there.

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 12-04-2015, 08:06 PM

Old 12-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Watching the face mask hit over and over in real time or slow motion shows there was obviously a violation. Those who are so quick to criticize referees need to think about how those guys have to make calls like this with ONE LOOK in real time, not slow motion. Hats off to the refs, whatever the call.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan