Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 08-21-2016, 10:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default installed OBX headers in 75 Lemans

i had to elongate 1 hole, it was about a third of the hole off. I had to grind a little off the drivers side motor mount. I opened up a couple on the other side but only 1 hole actually needed it. It was close, just used the next size drill bit. The drivers side collector flange is practically against the floor board, the passengers side looks fine. The #2 tube tucks close to the block and the #6 tube is close to the cross over brake line. I might get some header wrap to keep a little heat off those areas.

Oil filter clearance is good for my K&N HP 2006 filter. It looks like mechanical clutch linkage might work, but I can't say for sure since I sold all my mechanical stuff and went hydraulic.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:58 PM
Suspended

Are those the round port headers that sell on ebay for $ 226.99. Or are these something else??

Old 08-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

yes, i got them when they were on sale for $233 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Racing-S...BV6c1D&vxp=mtr

Old 08-23-2016, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The flange plate is good and thick

Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Have a set on my 68 GTO. They fit pretty good. Had to elongate a couple holes but overall they are actually some nice headers especially for this price.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Suspended

The reason I asked is I see them all over the Ebay ads & am thinking about going to headers & have had a lot of problem with 4 other sets as they won't fit. I tried 4 different sets of headers & some will fit on 1 side but not the other. Some hit the frame & some wouldn't wouldn't even go on. I have been told that the Firebird headers will fit but haven't tried a set yet. But I think these may just do the trick.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

2nd gen birds might,first gens wont.Tom

Old 08-23-2016, 09:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i had no issues with hedman hustlers for a 2nd gen bird. i would've left them on but they are pretty ugly.

i put the tranny crossmember on and looks like a 2.5" pipe will be right against it. collector flange is against the floorboard. i wanted to run 3" but that's out of the question unless i oval it.

might put those headman's back on, ugly and all.