Old 01-04-2017, 12:09 PM

Default 4 cylinder 'half a 389' engine wanted

I am looking for a half 389 engine, it does not need to be running but not junk and as complete as possible- let me know what you have, thank you

Would like to find one reasonably close or can wait if you travel to shows or whatever to meetup

Old 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

where are you located?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:32 PM

greater pittsburgh area

Old 01-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ra5GTO,

I don't know what it is but I can't see the other posts we have made concerning this. (If I look at your profile and your posts I can see it.) Maybe the problem is that you made an early edit and the forum can't handle it.

In any case, we'll carry on from here.

The motor is a 79Y code. I bought the car in 1993 and it had about 75k miles. It ran well but I drove it very little and basically parked it until 2000 when I drove it about 150 miles when I relocated to my current address. I was in the process of replacing some pushrods when I parked it and removed the engine and drivetrain doing a conversion to a 428/Muncie/58 Olds rearend setup for the car. (I.ve been stumbling over this motor and drivetrain in my garage ever since)

I want to sell it all as a unit but would sell the motor separately only after being paid.

Please continue conversation on personal message format. Thanks!