Old 02-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Default Original 1967 GTO - Considering Selling

I have owned this 1967 GTO since 1982 but am considering selling it this upcoming Spring. This is a very original hardtop car that has, quite frankly, sat in my garage the vast majority of the time I have owned it. Purchased in Cincinnati, Ohio in May, 1982. the car had big tires and Cragar qheels and a wide white racing stripe down the center. Odometer read 110,000 miles when purchased. Over the next few year the interior was stripped out, complete body was media-blasted and installed the narrow patch panels (they had just become available) to repair pinholes in the lower rocker panels. Car was primed and painted the OEM color, Mariner Turquoise. New vinyl top with two seams. New carpet installed. Installed Pontiac Rally wheels (14 x 6 in front and 14 x 7 in rear). Removed the aftermarket Holly carb and located/installed the correct Quadrajet. Some other parts installed repaired but not very much

This car is very nice... trapped in time circa 1985 and very original. It has the original engine, 670 heads, TH400 trans, Hurst His-n-Hers shifter, PS/PB, factory AC (not working), lamp group, correct spare tire & jack, etc. I would typically drive it a few times per year but time got away from me about a decade ago and this car sat for 8 years. Last October, I had it transported to a local shop to be started, inspection.and to have any repairs made. Car started just fine on the gas in the tank which was a mix of local oval-track racing gas and 100-octane aviation fuel. The brake MC had to be replaced along with all four wheel cylinders and a couple pieces of fuel line and brake line were replaced. Front tires were dry-rotted and I replaced them with new Uniroyal Tiger tires.

This car starts, runs, drives and stops. It is not perfect... needs the woodgrain dash replaced, outer dash needs re-chromed, rear bumper has a few dings and needs re-chromed, radio is not working, AC is not working. But overall, this car is GREAT condition.

Only considering selling it because I simply lack the time to mess with it. I have four sons and cannot give it to all of them! I drove it around a few times this Fall and it was awesome to have people stop and stare, yell "Cool Car" to me and give me the thumbs-up with big grins. But I feel nervous driving it... always conscience of the car being damaged by another driver, etc. I am considering selling this GTO and building another 60's or 70's musclecar with a crate motor and drivetrain that I can drive and our four boys can drive without being worried they may nick or chip it somehow.

I am really not even sure about a price. But if you are interested, please contact me. I am located in NE Ohio about 50 miles south of Cleveland. The car is parked in my out-building about 200 feet downhill thru my backyard, so the car cannot be driven or even removed from that garage until likely May or early June without sinking into the mud of my backyard. But it can be seen any time.

It is best to contact me either via phone/text at 330-604-6559 or via email at sehennis@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22402.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	474356   Click image for larger version

Name:	22405.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	474357   Click image for larger version

Name:	22411.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	474358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	474361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	474362  

Old 02-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Looks like a very nice car. You may want to review the rules they require that a price be stated.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:50 PM

Asking price?

Required to sell cars here in the PY classifieds.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:10 PM

Asking price of $45,000 OBO. As I mentioned, car cannot be moved from my outbuilding until May due to the ground conditions but anyone is welcome to ask questions about it or come see it. Storage is in my 4-car outbuilding with plenty of space around the car.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here is my opinion. You have owned it for a long time. It is not perfect and it is NOT A EXTREMELY RARE ! Go on ahead and enjoy it!. Your children are attached to it! If they are and remain car guys , then later in life, you/they can decide what happens to the car. Think of the paint job as a new car. As you use it , you try not to get it scratched! Then you get a scratch or a door ding. I once painted a car Royal Blue/Kelly Green metal flake ,, drove it thru St. Louis traffic in the rain, no bumpers ! When I got home I parked the car between 2 trees and 10 minutes later a neighbor backed into the rear of the car! Then you are not as concerned about the car. Get custom car insurance on it, not the insurance for you driver, and enjoy it with your kids! When you get behind the wheel do you suddenly go back in time?
KEEP IT AND ENJOY IT WITH YOUR CHILDREN! GOING FOR SUNDAY ICE CREAM AND CAR SHOWS IS WELL WORTH IT! YOU WILL THANK ME /OR CURSE ME LATER!

Old 03-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Senior Chief

Great post Connman

Agreed, I drive my Judge any chance I get. Insured right up, I drive it 50-ish miles to work and back on a nice day.

They are way happier when they get out for a walk.....

Driving the old Pontiacs is therapy.....our own Dr Phil!!