Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 PM

Default My 73 T/A vin found

My search started over a year ago to find the vin on my 73 Trans Am I had from 1975 to 1977. As some of you will recall, I posted on here for suggestions. Many of you came up with some great tips. I pursued all suggestions but 40+ years had erased those records and many of the people involved with the car. My son suggested State of Texas open records. I contacted them but they were not able to help as their record span is only about 10 years as they constantly purge their system to make room for all of the new vehicles. They did sent me a list of companies that buy their purged information. I found a great guy that was willing to give it a shot. He had started his business in 1989 and routinely helps police and Crime Stoppers with information. Much to my surprise, he was able to give me the vin on my car since I knew the license plate number. I am attaching a copy of the PHS. I am currently having Mike Noun make a window sticker as well. Contrary to my original thoughts, my car was a late build. I know later build cars changed the headliner and the emission system. What else changed during the production year? Enjoy the PHS! I was given a hint that the car is still around!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 73 TA phs low resolution.pdf (279.9 KB, 131 views)

Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM

I recently bought a 73 455 ac car needing a resto it is a red with white interior car.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:41 PM

Hi gs462,

Have you gotten a PHS on your recent purchase? Just curious how close is you vin to my old car? I covered the last two digits since I don't own the car. Did not want to step on anyone's toes. Tell us more about your car. Photos are appreciated! Thanks, Jimmy

Old 04-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember when you began the search. Very cool that you have discovered the VIN and thanks for sharing the PHS record.

Thought I'd provide the links for your previous threads for anybody curious about it:

http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=801138

http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=814432

You may remember that I tracked down my own '73 TA (owned '78-'80) then bought it back little more than 2 years ago. The jury (consisting of my wife) still not convinced I did the right thing and when I tell the story I always mention that the PO offered it to me since he figured I'd have a sentimental attachment to the car which I then add "is code for the fact he knew I was the only guy on the planet who would come close to meeting his asking price"!

But I smile whenever I think about it and I am currently devouring Rocky Rotella's 2nd gen book trying to learn more about them.

If you ever do discover its whereabouts, I hope to hear more about it. And if you per chance ever get to own it again, hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine the 2nd time around.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool you found the VIN!

Interesting that I have 2 records close to that VIN - N1328xx.
One has red carpet, but it didn't have any PHS so not sure if original.
Has power windows/power locks also. Has the rear bumper guards.

My old TA is also close. (depends on what your last 2 numbers are I guess)

It didn't have red carpet or bumper guards.
(plus I know it's not yours)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates