Old 05-02-2021, 01:32 PM

Default 1963 Lemans Front Shocks

What's everyone using for front shocks on a 63 Tempest/Lemans ? Putting my front suspension back together and thought shocks would be easy to find.
Wrong ! Rare parts has them, but very expensive. Looked for the Monroe units listed in the "Little Indians"" parts interchange...no luck. Gabriel lists a shock number 82129 but every site I checked said out of stock. Searched Gabriel and Monroe numerical lists for the same type and size...ended up ordering a set of Monroe 5821's made for Chevy Monza and Vega. Not exact, but close.
JK

Old 05-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Try this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36119960640...sAAOSw-W5Ux-LP

Old 05-02-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefkey View Post
What's everyone using for front shocks on a 63 Tempest/Lemans ? Putting my front suspension back together and thought shocks would be easy to find.
Wrong ! Rare parts has them, but very expensive. Looked for the Monroe units listed in the "Little Indians"" parts interchange...no luck. Gabriel lists a shock number 82129 but every site I checked said out of stock. Searched Gabriel and Monroe numerical lists for the same type and size...ended up ordering a set of Monroe 5821's made for Chevy Monza and Vega. Not exact, but close.
JK
I have been using Vega shocks on my Tempest for years. Back in the day when auto parts stores used to use books to look up part numbers, they told me the Tempest uses the same shock as the Vega. I have a set of Monroe 5821 in mine now.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

V-8 or 4cyl car?

Old 05-03-2021, 03:43 PM

V-8 Auto, Convertible