THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-20-2022, 02:31 AM
Senior Chief

Default The ‘Judge’

Any baseball fans watching Aaron Judge chase down Roger Maris’s American League home run record?

He’s having a ridiculously great season, and seems to be doing it cleanly. I’m not really a Yankees fan but Judge is from California’s Central Valley near where I live so we are rooting for him.

FOX airing Thursday’s Yankees - Red Sox game so much of the country may be able to see him make history. As of Monday he’s at 59 homers. Two more to tie and three more to break the AL record.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:36 AM
Senior Chief

Being a lifelong Yankee fan, I’ve been watching him all season. I’m also old enough that I remember Maris’s chase for the record. Although Back then you had to mostly listened to it on the radio.
These days I’m disillusioned with sports, but Judge is an exception. I’m pulling hard for him to do it. It won’t be the official record, but in the eyes of many, myself included, it will be.
He’s truly a class act, rare in today’s sports.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
It won’t be the official record, but in the eyes of many, myself included, it will be.
He’s truly a class act, rare in today’s sports.
In my eyes, it will be the record. The all time home run record belongs to Mr. Aaron.

1981 Trans Am.... One Owner... Unrestored... Original
"I don't want to work... I just want to bang on the drum all day."