View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
This^^^

The Holley doesn't know what engine it's on. Speaking of classic V8 muscle, it's the same tuning procedure as Chevy, Pontiac, Ford etc.... If you're running into tuners that are afraid to tune your Holley just because it's on a Pontiac engine, run far away and find another tuner.

We have the Holley system on dad's 571 ci Pontiac that makes 724 hp, and another on my 454 Chevelle that makes 600 hp. 2 completely different engines in 2 completely different HP zip codes. I tune them both and honestly there isn't a whole bunch of difference between the 2. They both like about the same WOT AFR, they both like very similar timing curves, they both like to idle about 850 rpm, and the fuel maps on both look very similar in their curves with the only difference being the 571 is a little more thirsty.

I even work on my neighbors 57 t-bird with a FAST EFI setup on it, and that's an old Y-block of all things LOL How many Y-blocks do you see with EFI on them???
It works perfectly and very easy to tune. I just got done with that one a couple weeks ago.

Well apparently this thread is jacked because tuning a Pontiac is no different than any other engine.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National