View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 07:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
I would have used a cork gasket on the rear of the pan myself with that style rear main cap. That main is cut to hold the gasket. Just my 2¢
It is, but the BOP gasket is the same width as the cork seal. Seems to crush and fit the channel well, but you can see that it sits about 1/2 way between the slots in the pan in the pics. Not sure if that's a seal problem or a pan problem, but the instructions say it's ok to remove them if you need to. Thinking about filling it up and angling the stand a bit to see if I have any leaks at the rear while I wait for the heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Ah, for some reason I was thinking the PRWs you had were the stainless ones, good thing you got the HSs.

You still might want to check the rocker clearance to cover if you are using OE covers.

No, I had the cheapie PRWs. Except for the valves, springs and associated hardware, I've used very little of what Kauffmann sent me for the original build plan.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)