View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Options for headers that fit well will vary somewhat by what year A-body you're working with. I could be mistaken, but I think the '68-72 cars have a few more header options that fit better than do the earlier cars. I know that for my '66, Doug's is just about the only option worth using. All the other options either require dinging a primary tube (not a big deal) and/or they hang down lower than needed and can cause ground clearance issues. I was in the same boat as you, where I wanted to use RARE oversized manifolds for my car, but after waiting over a year and a half for them to show up (and repeatedly being told they would ship "next week"), I cancelled my order and bought Doug's ceramic coated headers. They fit beautifully everywhere, and don't hang down too low. Installation was pretty easy from underneath the car.

Would I have been happy with RARE manifolds had I been able to get them? Yeah, very likely. But I'm also extremely pleased with the Doug's headers, so ultimately I'm happy with how things turned out.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild