View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
If your ride height is altered at all, get the adjustable uppers. I battled this with my wife's old Chevelle. It had been lowered fairly significantly in the back and the previous builder sectioned and welded the factory upper control arms where they thought the pinion angle would be correct. It wasn't.
Now that I've got everything installed and dialed in, I wanted to circle back and say you were absolutely right about the upper control arms. I set the control arms to factory length for the initial install, and that had the pinion pointing down 3 degrees. I'm sure this was due to the way they moved the mounts up on the housing. It took a good bit of adjustment to get the drivetrain in alignment.

I had the car out today for a bit for the first time since the rear end swap, The bucking bronco over bumps is completely gone. Overall, it feels more planted so I'm happy with the outcome.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following User Says Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post: