View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy1966GTO View Post
Nice progress. Do you have room at your work area to store the parts you take off or do you have to transport home until ready for reassembly? Part of my plan to get mine taken down and painted is figuring out how to keep the parts out of the way.

Glad you have less rust than expected, I have some bubbling at the lower doors and quarters that is pointing toward similar concerns with what is behind it in the structure. You will feel better when you get the rest of the car completely disassembled and know exactly what all needs repair.

Keep up the good work!
Unfortunately, I have to transport most things that I take off the car back home. The shop where I am working on the GTO does offer parts storage, but it comes at a lofty fee that I don't think is worth it. I was pretty worried about storage being an issue at home, but most parts are off the car now and I should be okay when the remainder that come home. It will take some creativity, though.

As of this week, I'm also going to ramp up the frequency of how often I work on the GTO. Until now, I've mostly been working on it one day per week on the weekends. Now I'm going to step it up to two evenings and a weekend day. Really want to get this thing torn down fully and on a dolly.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild