View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Koni and Bilstein are both excellent products made by companies that dominate the damper industry, so I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. I installed UMI Street Performance monotube shocks on my '66 GTO, but only because they came with my suspension kit. My GTO is currently disassembled for restoration, so I can't comment on the performance of the UMI shocks. If my suspension kit hadn't included shocks, I'd certainly be looking at shocks from Bilstein or Koni.

I have Bilstein Sport shocks on my BMW track car and they are excellent. I know many people in the German sports car world who use Koni Yellows, and they always speak highly of them. As far as being a pain to adjust goes, I don't think it's a big issue. They are designed to be set to your desired damping and then left alone. Not that big of a deal. If you desire to the ability to frequently change damping settings, you should be shopping for a proper coilover setup, not trying to do it with Koni Yellows. That said, 99.9% of us don't truly need the ability to adjust the damping on our cars, so it's a feature that I personally wouldn't prioritize. The Koni STR.T is a non-adjustable, softer, and more budget friendly option, but they are still a high-quality product with a lifetime warranty. Definitely a solid choice.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 05-31-2020 at 08:36 PM.