View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy1966GTO View Post
Hi Karl,

Good progress, thanks for posting the pics. I took my headliner out a few years ago and had to scrape that insulation off the roof panels with a 4" wide scraper, it was a hell of a mess. We put a sheet down in the interior to catch most of it and there were still a few pieces under the roof braces that would fly out over the next several weeks if I had the windows open.

I have a lot more rust than yours in the panel from the rear window to the trunk lid including the bracing underneath and will be doing a trunk floor as well. I like the idea above to do this work before taking the body off the chassis and might do that next winter and get another year of driving in before I blow the rest of the car apart for metal work and paint.

Randy
Actually, the rear tray under the window is totally shot in my car, too. It's much worse in the trunk than what you can see from above through the window. I'm going to have to cut most of it out and splice in new metal from a '66 Chevelle, since they don't make repops for the '66 GTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim john View Post
Document what holes the headliner bows are in for when you reinstall.

Tim john---
Thanks for the heads-up! Will certainly save a headache down the road.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild