View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
I have reman OEM calipers up front, reman Cadillac Eldorado calipers in back, with parking brake pre-loaded per the manual, Reman '81 Turbo TA dual diaphragm booster (holds vacuum, hisses like a scalded cat when you pull the hose and fitting), check valve is (was}new and obviously working. Master is a 1-1/8" bore Corvette style (oem for '69 Z28/ZL1 disc/disc). GM disc/disc prop/combo valve and Inline Tube brake lines for disc/disc w. under-master cylinder prop valve mount. Basically, it just doesn't stop. I couldn't lock up the brakes if my life depended on it. Pedal has long travel with rock hard engagement, drop slightly when started. Everything has been bled multiple times even though the pedal is rock hard and not the problem. The brakes have been awful since installed. Brake shops won't touch it because it is not OEM.

This pump is the last straw. After that, it all comes off and I start over with a Wilwood manual 1" bore master and Wilwood calipers.
Not sure this applies in your case, but with my disc/disc conversion kit with Eldo rears, the distribution block (on frame) outlet for the rear brake line is plugged and the 1/4" line instead connects directly to the prop valve under the master cylinder. Perhaps you haven't got your system plumbed correctly? I was surprised that the kit did not want the rear brake fluid passing through the distribution block and could easily have been installed wrong had I not read the instructions a million times to verify.

Just spitballing here...

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 07-20-2020 at 11:21 PM.