View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So was in the garage this weekend, even though it was a sauna on high. With the rains and heat, it was at times a little tough to breathe even. But nothing could have kept me out of there!

Got some stuff done, drip rail moldings, window fuzzies, and started mocking up the wheel opening moldings.

Drip rail moldings, there was some paint build up on the rails, prevented the molding from fitting the way I liked, so took a razor blade and trimmed some high spots, and any area that exposed primer, I hit with some clear nail polish. The note in the catalog mentions that some minor imperfections may appear on the moldings, and mine had 2 very small areas that had dents, not very noticeable, such is life.

Window fuzzies. So these were the PUI marketed fuzzies, which was on the car before, unfortunately though, the holes didn't line up from last set. As all are probably aware, the 1/4 window curve is the challenge when installing these, and you have to move it back and forth to get the closest fit. After about 4 hours of frustrating, sweating, cussin' work, handful of stripped and snapped screws, 2 broken drill bits, I had a satisfactory install. The passenger side has a slight uneven lay on the outside panel, the thin rubber strip, but think I'm just going to leave it. Have to stare at it to see it, so think I can live with it. The 1/4 glass doesn't go down far enough to get one screw in, not sure if I'm going to go through the trouble to pull the glass or not.

Most of the day was spent on organization, like laying out all the bolts, clips, etc, and review of panel fitment/alignment. Also clean up of 'construction debris' from the body shop. The engine and frame rails, as well as a few other areas were covered in plastic by the body shop, all that coming off made even more of a mess.

Made a list of items that were missing, will have to place an order here soon so I can finish up the exterior portion of the build.

So will focus on the wheel opening moldings next weekend, and building out the bumper. I need to clean/prep the tail lens buckets, clean up a few of the brackets, ensure I have all the lower valance pieces/bolts, and tape off the body so there's no damage from potential contact when installing.

I will post pics of that stuff once it's done, the stuff I did this past weekend wasn't very flashy, so no pics, unless someone asks for specific ones.

@ time spent this past weekend = 14 hrs

Busted Knuckle Physical Damage Score: (1-5 scale)
* Nice knot on head from banging it on the exposed inner roof - 2
* Associated lesion with above incident - 2
* One nasty metal sliver from a 'curly-cue' drilling hole - 2
* Minor random abrasions, elbows, knees, and neck - 1
* TOTAL Score - 7

Difficulty Scale of Work Performed: (0-10 scale)

Drip Rail Moldings - 3
Window Fuzzies - 5

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be