Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lol. Yes that is confusing. That must be old stock from speedpro back before Topline ran Hylift Johnson and Johnson was Johnson. Or Hylift Johnson was JOHNSON, and Johnson was the earlier Johnson. Lol

The current Johnson brand lifters does not make a Pontiac oil band in a flat tappet hydraulic(as far as I know the all have the Chevy oil bands. Some retailers that 951R is $13-$14 a piece. The lowest price I have seen is a little $8-$9 a piece. Kind of a big swing in price. Over $200 for a speedpro hft lifter....hmmm.

I bought some Rhoads a couple days ago and the next day I was strolling through Jegs and found I could have save nearly $40 on my purchase. Jegs is noticeable cheaper on Rhoads lifters for some reason.

Seeing the Johnson name on a box (Johnson =quality) and knowing Speed pro corporate likes to have stuff made in foreign countries with less QC, reminds me of the scene in the Movie Tommy Boy “why they put guaranteed on the box”.

Last edited by Jay S; 07-14-2020 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Edit