WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 AM

Just curious if we can start a discussion with 2004 GTO owners only posting messages. While I enjoy reading the many vast opionions on the many discussion treads, I get tired of the trash talk by people who don't own one. Let's hear trash from people who do for a change
Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 AM

Just curious if we can start a discussion with 2004 GTO owners only posting messages. While I enjoy reading the many vast opionions on the many discussion treads, I get tired of the trash talk by people who don't own one. Let's hear trash from people who do for a change
Old 04-12-2004, 12:10 PM

I really get sick and tired of driving my GTO around. I mean here I am a reposible adult and I come up with these lamoid excuses to go for a drive. "Honey, do you need anything at the store", "Honey, I think I will do some remodeling. I have to go the Home Depot.", Honey, Let's go see your daughter (she lives 300 miles away)." And all the time I am driving around I have this big stupid grin on my face. How immature and childish is that? Stupid GTO.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 AM

Thanks Tails for posting a message! I see alot of activity in the other threads, but guess owners of GTO's don't want to talk much. My problem is that I only live about 4 miles from work, and that does not give me enough time with mine Have you had any problems? It doesn't take much volume for the stereo to go into protect. I love how it hooks up, hard to spin the tires even when TC is off, just takes right off.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:02 PM

I haven't had any problems except for the thunking under hard acceleration. GM has a fix for that so I will be getting that one done soon. As for the stereo I did turn it up high enough to hit the cutoff but that was way higher than my ears could take so it is not an issue with me.

I get to spend over an hour each day traveling back and forth to work and am loving every second of it. I also use empty on ramps as my personal drag strip though that doesn't happen as often as I would like.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:21 PM

Bought my 2004 Goat a couple of weeks ago.... all I can say is wow!!!. I traded in my 2002 Trans Am WS6 for it.

It beats the hell out of the Tranny in all aspects.... except for looks.

Handling, accelaration, level of comfort are all areas where it far exceeds the TA.

OK it may not have the styling of the TA but I prefer the "sleeper".

I have had only positive comments so far.

Welcome back GTO!!!
Old 04-24-2004, 10:38 AM

Ok.....so my husband and I bought one. WE LOVE IT. My husband's only complaint was "the buttons on the steering wheel should light up at night" (so that he can find them). My only complaint is where's the oil pressure guage? In response to that we're looking for the hood I've seen on this site with the old style GTO scoop and oil pressure guage. Know where we can find it? Absolutely love how the car handles.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:13 AM

I got MY BABY about a month ago. Black/Red 6M.
I've only put about 3500 miles on her. I'm lucky, I live 30 minutes from my job and I've needed to go places recently.
My only complaint is that I can't be intimate with the car. I love this thing. My wife also has days of the week where she gets it and I have to drive the SUV. She loves it too, and she's a stang girl. I wasn't an old GTO guy. The old ones are OK, but not my thing. I got my first GOAT book after I got this car. The history is cool, but it's just that...HISTORY. If Pontiac makes a Judge next year with the Z06 engine and puts scoops on it, I won't love my car any less. This car was bought by myself, because it was best vehicle out there for the $. PERIOD. It's competition is not the stang, regardless of what the masses say. I looked at the others in the mix, and drove a few before I picked this one. My conclusion is this. The Vette is nice, but I wanted 4 seats. The RX-8 has a cool engine, but lacks horse power, and is claustrophobic. The 350Z and G35 are too small. The beemers are OK, but only the M3 and 700 series even compare to this car at twice the price. Mercedes and Porches only give the power with a lot more dollars. The Mustang is a fine car, but only a Cobra beats this car and the ammenities are lacking. I didn't fall in love with this car because of the history, or the Ford Vs GM issue. I don't care about that stuff. I love this this car because it hauls major ARSE and spoils me at the same time.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:38 AM

I ordered mine 4/03.black with red 6 speed.2nd one in Indy.I've owned some hot cars(635 BMW, C4Porsche,)this is the best of the bunch.Very well balanced,turn-in is a delite. I had it two weeks before I knew it had a radio,the exhaust note is to die for.My job covers four states so I'm in it a lot and still get up on Sunday morning for a drive. It's a sleeper a I like that. In the Porsche they pull me over just because I was driving a Porsche,no problems here.There are some areas I would change,vague shifter,bigger brakes,more horses and better rear access. I really believe that 90% of the people trashing this car have never driven one.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bunz53:
I got MY BABY about a month ago. Black/Red 6M.
I've only put about 3500 miles on her. I'm lucky, I live 30 minutes from my job and I've needed to go places recently.
My only complaint is that I can't be intimate with the car. I love this thing. My wife also has days of the week where she gets it and I have to drive the SUV. She loves it too, and she's a stang girl. I wasn't an old GTO guy. The old ones are OK, but not my thing. I got my first GOAT book after I got this car. The history is cool, but it's just that...HISTORY. If Pontiac makes a Judge next year with the Z06 engine and puts scoops on it, I won't love my car any less. This car was bought by myself, because it was best vehicle out there for the $. PERIOD. It's competition is not the stang, regardless of what the masses say. I looked at the others in the mix, and drove a few before I picked this one. My conclusion is this. The Vette is nice, but I wanted 4 seats. The RX-8 has a cool engine, but lacks horse power, and is claustrophobic. The 350Z and G35 are too small. The beemers are OK, but only the M3 and 700 series even compare to this car at twice the price. Mercedes and Porches only give the power with a lot more dollars. The Mustang is a fine car, but only a Cobra beats this car and the ammenities are lacking. I didn't fall in love with this car because of the history, or the Ford Vs GM issue. I don't care about that stuff. I love this this car because it hauls major ARSE and spoils me at the same time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bunz, man I could not have said it better. I have the Yellow Jacket 6 speed, and I've just
never felt like this about any other new car
I've had, and I've had plenty. I don't know.
I just love this car like no other.

Paul