Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Fastest with no rules? If you build a Pontiac with no rules, then who do you race against? Top Fuel NHRA dragsters? Not a chance of winning there in Funny Car or in Pro Stock.

Truman Fields is probably the fastest Pure Stock IHRA Pontiac. We are talking stock transmission(no metric 200's), mechanical fuel pump, stock fuel lines, stock duration, stock lift, stock rockers, compression, castings, rods, pistons(spec), on 9 inch tires, capable of going 11.00's?

Fastest with rules doesnt always mean fastest ET.

I think out of all the cars with relative weights and rules limitations, my short list would be Kenny Shawver, Bill Rinke, Bob Mulry, Todd Hooven, Don Holmes, Biondo/Monteith, Don Kennedy, Scott Rex, Truman Fields, John Langer. These are current performers competing against all the latest and greatest of all brands, not just against other Pontiac guys. You have to admit, that a Pontiac racing against a set of rules especially when the other brands get updated castings and Pontiacs dont, it is a remarkable testament to our brand of racing.

Who would have thought a 1978 6.6 TA could go 10. teens with a stock block, stock compression ratio(.70 over max, 0.015 stroke max) stock head castings, could be the number one qualifier at Indy against all the $100k Hemi cars.......on the brakes!!!!!

Truely, the most impressive run I have ever seen.

Lynn

Last edited by NHRASuperStock455SD; 07-04-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Lynn--we should have more of these guys on video.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle
Great stuff STALLION--I have a short clip of Eric pulling a Awesome holeshot with his 8 sec. GTO at the Butler Nationals--one Mean Poncho.
Could you post that clip.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to warriors revenge
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R
It doesn't really matter who is the fastest, we're all on the same team.

It's great to see so many fast Pontiacs out there running every weekend at tracks all over the country.....well, everywhere except Brooksville, FL........

if that were the case, norwalk would just be a carshow!
competition makes us strive to be better(faster) im not saying it has to be a pissing match, i really think now is the best time to be into pontiacs!! with all the aftermarket parts that 10 years ago would have just been a pipe dream!! i know quite a few non-pontiac guys that have been very impressed in the last few years with traditional pontiac powered cars!! we need SOMEONE to be the fastest pontiac!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a list I created and I do need to update it.

Fastest On Motor is Scott Rex.

Frank Gostyla, Jack Gaydosh, are probably the next closest off the top of my head, couple of dragsters also close from the past Jeff Kauffman and Todd Fontana

Shane Molinari's Dragster had a supercharger.

-Rob

Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar-Pontiac
Could you post that clip.
I've got that on video tape--gotta transfer it to disc. Something I'ved planned to do but have'nt got around to it yet.