Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question More HONDA help needed....

The fuel gauge on my daughter's 1989 Integra will not read FULL when it is full.

Goes up to about two-thirds but no more.

I'm not sure how to test this as to whether it's the gauge or the sender?

Help much appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Go to honda. com forums.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM

Unplug sending unit harness key on engine off. Gauge should drop. Ground sending unit wire. Gauge should go to full. If anything other happens suspect wire or gauge. If seems ok suspect sending unit and check resistance on it when tank is 1/4 then 1/2 then 3/4 then full. If sending unit is bad resistance will be about the same from 3/4-full.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
Go to honda. com forums.
These comments irritate me for some reason? Yes this a Pontiac forum BUT this is a non specific section and regardless if the comment was meant to help or joke it comes across as rude. Its like asking a question and getting told to use the search function and then you hunt through 40 topics before you come up with anything useful.
Its a sending unit they all read the same way pretty much. I wish I could give you a color/pin breakdown to check.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS72LEMANS View Post
These comments irritate me for some reason? Yes this a Pontiac forum BUT this is a non specific section and regardless if the comment was meant to help or joke it comes across as rude. Its like asking a question and getting told to use the search function and then you hunt through 40 topics before you come up with anything useful.
Its a sending unit they all read the same way pretty much. I wish I could give you a color/pin breakdown to check.
I am sorry if you took it the wrong way, I have owend A honda and got lots of help from the honda fourms, They go by what year car just like PY.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
I am sorry if you took it the wrong way, I have owend A honda and got lots of help from the honda fourms, They go by what year car just like PY. I know the way you feel it is like every one posting A link to ebay.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
I am sorry if you took it the wrong way, I have owend A honda and got lots of help from the honda fourms, They go by what year car just like PY. I know the way you feel it is like every one posting A link to ebay. IM not trying to be A smart As, Good luck.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you both.

I must admit my initial reaction was irritation too but still, the suggestions was a good one and I followed it through.

Certainly the Honda.com.au site has some good information.

That was a week ago and I've been so busy on other matters that the problematic Honda is still languishing in the garage. I'll have to get onto it in the next few nights.

I'll report back once I isolate the problem

Ian

Old 05-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post

That was a week ago and I've been so busy on other matters that the problematic Honda is still languishing in the garage. I'll have to get onto it in the next few nights.

Ian
Why? she can still drive it. just make sure there's gas in it. after and if you test the sender and find it's the problem then she can run it close to empty to make dropping the tank easier.