THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As a classic Pontiac guy, I think that this is hands down the best Pontiac forum on the web bar none. The knowledge base is staggering, and the helpfulness of the members unmatched. I fully intend to support PY with my future parts needs, as well. Thanks for a great forum.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Suspended

And thank the rest of us for sending your kids through college. If it's not about the money then by all means ship us some free parts.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Bump! Contest rules being detailed and announced this week!

$10,000+ in Cash and Prizes!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default the Forum

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only Pontiac Forum.

As far as the hobby I think our biggest problem is the 'graying' of the enthusiasts. I don't see younger guys joining the hobby. How many guys under 30 know what a Super Duty Firebird is? Or a 67 GTO HO engine. I guess I'm just pessimistic.

best regards to all the Forum

64 GTO convertible, gone but not forgotten
76 CB750K
72 CB350F

" why yes, I am old school, so what?"
Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_ron View Post
As far as I'm concerned, this is the only Pontiac Forum.

As far as the hobby I think our biggest problem is the 'graying' of the enthusiasts. I don't see younger guys joining the hobby. How many guys under 30 know what a Super Duty Firebird is? Or a 67 GTO HO engine.

best regards to all the Forum
Ron, this is very true. But it's a two way street. How many guys over 60 know what an LS2 with a Procharger is? Hence my point of why we need to open the doors and welcome the LM Pontiac owners here on PY. There you will find some of the youth you are referring to. Will that help them learn what a SD Firebird or 67 HO engine is? Maybe.... Maybe not. But it's better than doing nothing. It's extremely clear to me.....we all win when we pool our resources together. The status quo... I'm not so sure.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Ron, this is very true. But it's a two way street. How many guys over 60 know what an LS2 with a Procharger is? Hence my point of why we need to open the doors and welcome the LM Pontiac owners here on PY. There you will find some of the youth you are referring to. Will that help them learn what a SD Firebird or 67 HO engine is? Maybe.... Maybe not. But it's better than doing nothing. It's extremely clear to me.....we all win when we pool our resources together. The status quo... I'm not so sure.
Amen! I have a lot of interest in classic Goats and would love to own one of my own in the future. It is easy to get stuck in a period of car design or engine design. I just haven't had a lot of exposure to the older models compared to my experience with newer LS-based cars.

I really appreciate the LM GTO crowd being welcomed here by some as our cars were very limited production captive imports, rumors of Holden closing flying around, and parts availability making things scary for more modern components like Body Control Modules and air bags, not to mention interior exterior components! The parts being developed and produced by PY will help us keep our beloved cars on the road (just as they do for you classic model owners!)

My grandfather owned a 1970 Catalina 400 many years ago. My father bought a 66 GTO back in the day. So that makes me not just a third generation Pontiac owner, but a second generation Goat herder with my 2005 GTO LS2! If any of you fellows have yet to experience an LM GTO ride and are near Houston feel free to let me know, and I'd be happy to meet up sometime!

Great idea with the contest, PY folks! Hope it grows the community

Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is still the best all around Pontiac forums on the web and I belong to quite a few of them. Good information, good format. Sure sometimes there are a few that act like a**holes, but that's human nature I suppose.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Default The New Guy

Well I just want to post in here as one of those non-traditional enthusiasts Chris was talking about. After seeing the way he treated G8Board members (boo hiss) that were questioning the quality of Pypes products, I knew I wanted to support him and his company in any way I could. Now seeing how genuinely passionate he is about Pontiacs and keeping the hobby alive, I am glad I stumbled across that thread.

As I said, I am one of the outliers of the forum around here. I am a 27 year old LM Pontiac guy; I have had a 2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT for about a year now. I am again an anomaly around here in that I am also in the middle of a restoration on a 4 speed 1967 Camaro with a built up 383 SBC, going more along the pro-tour route but with an old school powerplant.

Given the passion I see around here for Pontiacs, I think I will make this a regular haunt, and I hope to be able to toss some money to Pypes soon for some exhaust products for my G8 (sorry the Camaro is already plumbed!)

Glad to be a part of this forum, and thankful to Chris for steering me this way!

(Be gentle, I know I am a Chevy and LM guy, 2 strikes already!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LordPancake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to diverge from the topic, but sincere Welcome, LordPancake!

The Following User Says Thank You to Engine-Ear For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree!

Welcome to PY, best place on earth.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM

Apologies if I was pulling us off topic, I actually thought it fit pretty well given the discussion about new, young(er) blood hanging around! If I am threadjacking let me know and I'll gladly clean up my mess!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT (One of those LM guys)
1967 Chevrolet Camaro (ugh and a Chevy guy)
1973 Jeep CJ-5
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (DD)
Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Good to have you here Jon!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPancake View Post
Well I just want to post in here as one of those non-traditional enthusiasts Chris was talking about. After seeing the way he treated G8Board members (boo hiss) that were questioning the quality of Pypes products, I knew I wanted to support him and his company in any way I could. Now seeing how genuinely passionate he is about Pontiacs and keeping the hobby alive, I am glad I stumbled across that thread.

As I said, I am one of the outliers of the forum around here. I am a 27 year old LM Pontiac guy; I have had a 2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT for about a year now. I am again an anomaly around here in that I am also in the middle of a restoration on a 4 speed 1967 Camaro with a built up 383 SBC, going more along the pro-tour route but with an old school powerplant.

Given the passion I see around here for Pontiacs, I think I will make this a regular haunt, and I hope to be able to toss some money to Pypes soon for some exhaust products for my G8 (sorry the Camaro is already plumbed!)

Glad to be a part of this forum, and thankful to Chris for steering me this way!

(Be gentle, I know I am a Chevy and LM guy, 2 strikes already!)
If you install a stroked 455 in that 67 Camaro all will be forgiven...

hahaha

welcome aboard.

BTW I have a 65 Impala SS

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 12-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I agree!

Welcome to PY, best place on earth.

One of the best cyber places on earth.

Home is the best place on earth. Good to see you, Jon, Merry Christmas to you and yours! It's -5 this morning and I know you are jealous!

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to herdswoman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Merry Christmas to you and yours! It's -5 this morning and I know you are jealous!

Merry Christmas to you, Amy!

(65 degrees here)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdswoman View Post
It's -5 this morning and I know you are jealous!
Read my mind! I think we made it down to 30 at night and we were all complaining. And it had been in the 70s the Saturday before.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT (One of those LM guys)
1967 Chevrolet Camaro (ugh and a Chevy guy)
1973 Jeep CJ-5
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport (DD)