Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dash Pad Pros

Anybody ever buy from them?

They seem to specialize in Mopars, but have other makes and models as well.

Looking for a 69 GTO dash, they offer a "2cd" tier one for about $545 (plus $195 for core). I traded emails with the guy, the 2cd is ones that have minor blemishes, which is perfect for me as I'm looking for a driver quality dash.

They also claim 2-3 weeks to make. Seems like it's too good to be true when you realize what the same deal through Just Dashes would be.

http://www.dashpadpros.com/1969-PONT...1969gto2nd.htm

Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with these people.
Google searching on them yields people asking the same questions like mine on various boards, but that's about it. So, not sure if they are a middle man or what.

The only Pontiacs they seem to have dashes for are 69 GTO's/LeMans's and 70-72 GTO's/LeMan's, FWIW.

Last edited by 69goatboy; 02-03-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had never heard of them.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen a like manufacturer list on ebay under the seller name '4thepool'. I too was going to pick up a '2nd' dashpad, for the same reason, a driver. I called them at one point and talked to them, because the dash core I have, and what I want, has a stereo area cut out for DIN radios. They said no problem if that's what I want.

My question is, if they make them to order, how do they know it's going to be a 2nd?

Not sure it really matters, IMO, as long as it's not cracked or deformed, I kinda don't care. I'm not going concourse or anything anyway, so grain etc is of no concern.

I'm going to take a shot at it here in a couple months, so will post back on my findings. I too did the research and found nothing, or no first hand experience.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I've seen a like manufacturer list on ebay under the seller name '4thepool'. I too was going to pick up a '2nd' dashpad, for the same reason, a driver. I called them at one point and talked to them, because the dash core I have, and what I want, has a stereo area cut out for DIN radios. They said no problem if that's what I want.

My question is, if they make them to order, how do they know it's going to be a 2nd?

Not sure it really matters, IMO, as long as it's not cracked or deformed, I kinda don't care. I'm not going concourse or anything anyway, so grain etc is of no concern.

I'm going to take a shot at it here in a couple months, so will post back on my findings. I too did the research and found nothing, or no first hand experience.

I too found that guy on ebay, it seems this guy is in the Mopar circles as "Ultimate Rides" or "PMI", I think his name is Alan Foxx. From what I gleamed from the Mopar forums, he's apparently difficult to deal with and customers have mixed results from him.

Google "ultimate rides dash pads" and grab a cup o' joe before you pull the trigger.

I have the same questions about the availability of a "2nd" if it's made to order.

I think "Dashpad Pros" is a third party company that is re-selling the dashes made by the 4thepool guy.
4thepool or Ultimate Rides is located in TX I believe. Dashpad Pros is in Florida, I think.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have sent back some of their 1sts...that are probably being sold now as 2nds...looked like they were driven over by a truck or had the hell beat out of them to release from the mold.

Shame of the deal is that they are the only folks following the factory process. If they could get it dialed in and have some customer service...would probably be the best thing going.